How do I get multiple Reply / From addresses with Outlook.com when using WIndows Phone?

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
How to have multiple Reply / From addresses with Outlook.com when using WIndows Phone

I asked this question differently yesterday but didn't get too many responses so I am going to try to ask in a different and simpler manner.

I am using Outlook.com and have forward multiple emails to it. In this case they are forwarded from Yahoo.

When using Outlook.com, I can choose any 'FROM' email when sending an email. I can do the same thing on Windows Mail 8.1 RT Client. And I can do it on Outlook 2013 on my desktop.

But when using the Mail app on WIndows Phone 8.1 dpf, the only address associated with my account is the primary outlook.com address and there is no way to change it on the fly.

Has anyone found a way around this limitation?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to have multiple Reply / From addresses with Outlook.com when using WIndows Phone

You can't do it. However, if you reply to an email that came to one of those accounts, it will automatically use that account for replying.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to have multiple Reply / From addresses with Outlook.com when using WIndows Phone

You can't do it. However, if you reply to an email that came to one of those accounts, it will automatically use that account for replying.

Well, they are being forwarded from Yahoo to outlook, then sorted into alias Inbox/folder based on rule. So the reply address is the outlook address.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I try again.
Add the original yahoo accounts on your phone.
Put one of the on the start screen.
Open this and push the 3 dots ...
And under SETTINGS link the 2 other inboxes.

So do not use the outlook account email on your phone.
Will this work for you

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

[QUOTE=Harrie

That was how I originally was using it. The issue then is that I have to use the Yahoo.com website to see my Yahoo email, and outlook.com to see my outlook emails, calendars, and contacts...

I want everything to stay in sync so a deletion on one device, or a sent mail, is on the web view that I use, or client. So while your idea will work, it won't keep mail synched if I use Yahoo on some devices (phone), but the web site for other devices...

Not sure how clear that is.

Dave

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Now I see, in my plan the following would go wrong.

You get a e-mail from yahoo1.
It is forwarded to outlook.
IF you would open this on your phone and delete it it would not be deleted in outlook.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Can't you just add the Yahoo account to your phone as a second inbox and not link them? Wouldn't this give you the control over the Yahoo account you're looking for? I don't use Yahoo so I can't say for certain, but this seems like it should work.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
@ Badcat @Harrie-S Badcat is correct. If I forwarded yahoo to outlook.com, then deleting in Yahoo would not delete in Outlook, and vice versa. So even if I added the Yahoo account to my phone it won't be reflected in the Outlook.com forwarded view of that box.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Upsidedown now I know what you want. But no solution.
Bye the way you only want to use the outlook.com web e-mail not the outlook program (e-mail client) I guess.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Aren't you able to have two separate inboxes on WP? I never really tried it myself. If you had two separate inboxes couldn't you just not forward the Yahoo to the Outlook and then have the control over over each inbox that you're looking for?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3