No longer see "Pin" option when I want to pin a place on my Start screen

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Let me know if anyone else has noticed this. I did a search and didn't find anything.

I used to be able to look for a place, say a hotel or restaurant, and be able to pin the tile to my phone's start screen. I can't seem to do this anymore. Now, the only options I get are share, edit, or mark as favorite. Why is that? I travel a lot, and it is so convenient for me to pin all the frequent places on my phone's start screen.

If it matters, I'm in the US, have the Lumia Icon, and am running 8.1 Dev Preview.

Thanks.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have also 8.1 with DP and I can do it.
If you have a website push the 3 dots ... On the below right side and than push PIN TO START
Please check

It is the fifth option maybe you have to scroll to see it

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I only see Share and Add. I used to be able to see Pin as well. Looks like I'll have to pin the website like you said, but this doesn't work when you want to pin a place without a website!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean with place just plain text? If so then you also can copy it and past it in for example OneNote.
Actual you can of course also copy links to OneNote. And put OneNote on your start screen. Probably not so nice if you want but ....

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You can still pin places on your start screen, but you have to do it through maps. After you search a place (using Cortana search) tap on the result and it should open up in maps. From there, you can either tap on the location result on the map or hit the 3 dots and tap on "search results". Once you select the place you want, it should give you an option to pin it to your start screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720