Can I get some help with a few problems I am having after the Denim update?

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Problems after Denim update

I own a Lumia 930 on the Telmore network in Denmark. I have experienced the following problems after updating to Denim:

1 - upon wake-up, the phone has no mobile connection, and takes between 1-2 seconds to re-establish this connection. This did not happen prior to Denim.

2 - when it does connect to the mobile network, the signal is a lot weaker then it was prior to Denim.

3 - in Settings, I can no longer open Motion Data

4 - in Settings, I can no longer open Extras+Info

Is anybody else experiencing these problems?
How can I fix these problems?

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems after Denim update

Try uninstalling extras+info and network by changing the year to over 2116+ then use sys app pusher app to install then again

Rokas Krivaitis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issues, plus gyro meter failure after opening Lumia camera. I'm not able to play games like temple run or asphalt because the gyro goes crazy. To fix it I need to restart my phone and not use Lumia camera.
P.S. I used #1 toolkit level meter to check gyro meter data. I suggest you to check it out after opening Lumia camera.

Rokas Krivaitis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

I don't seem to have any mobile connection problems. Maybe it has to do something with your data provider. As for me, soft reset sort of fixed my phone. Gyro only fails for five minutes after I opened Lumia camera, then it comes back to normal. Extras+info and motion data doesn't really matter to me, eventually it's going to be fixed.

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

My two sons have the same provider and are experiencing no problems, and I had no problems prior to Denim, so I think it's something to do with the update...

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Rakesh's suggestion worked with both Motion Data and Extras+Infor (thanks for the tip), but I could not uninstall mobile+SIM or Network+, and am still experiencing problems with mobile connectivity.

If no other solution presents itself, then I'll do a hard resent, but I'd rather not, since everything is set up just the way I want it. Plus I use webapps a lot and all the links I have made will be lost and will have to be redone (there's no back-up option for this app that I know of).

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Problem solved (I think), and without a hard reset. I realized that you don't have to go through the process of resetting the date, etc., to reinstall settings apps. You can simply do it through the windows phone store. So, I reisntalled network+ and access point, and that seems to have solved the problem (at least for now).

Thanks for all your help...

iresh32

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

wp_ss_20141221_0002.jpg

My issue with the update is the power button will not lock the phone after restart. Then once the phone screen turns off i can not turn the phone back on. I even have double tap enabled and that won't work. The picture attached shows the top left corner with "phone off" displayed. I have no idea why that is.. I have reset my phone multiple times and sometimes that will work. Most of the time it does not though. I'm hard resetting at this point. Very disappointed.

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

So, after my initial prognosis, the problem was still there.
I was thus forced to do a hard resent, but having done this, the problem remained.
I have now rolled back to Cyan, and things are working fine.
I will now update to Denim again, but without the DP being involved, and see what happens.

Update:
No problem with Cyan; problem returns with Denim.
Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Problem solved (I think), and without a hard reset. I realized that you don't have to go through the process of resetting the date, etc., to reinstall settings apps. You can simply do it through the windows phone store. So, I reisntalled network+ and access point, and that seems to have solved the problem (at least for now).

Thanks for all your help...

Really?? How to do it???

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Go to Settings > Find My Phone and allow push notifications, search the store for the app you want, then reinstall through the store.
By using purchase history you can also use this method to reinstall all the apps you have previousely purchased (e.g. if back-up did not work).

After posting, I realized that it does not work for all systems apps: it worked for extras+info and motion data, but not for network+, for example.

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Last post.

I have been in contact with MS, and they are aware of this and other problems with Denim.
They suggested I roll back to Cyan until the problems with Denim are fixed. They were mum as to when this would be.
I'm going to stick with Denim over Xmas so that I can use Lumia Camera 5, and see how things stand in the new year.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Go to Settings > Find My Phone and allow push notifications, search the store for the app you want, then reinstall through the store.
By using purchase history you can also use this method to reinstall all the apps you have previousely purchased (e.g. if back-up did not work).

After posting, I realized that it does not work for all systems apps: it worked for extras+info and motion data, but not for network+, for example.

I can install but how will you uninstall??

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

If you need to uninstall then I guess you have to go through the process you outlined. My experience was that reinstalling the app, whithout previously uninstalling it, corrected whatever errors were causing the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills