Why does my HTC 8x keep turning off automatically?

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My HTC 8x keep turning off automatically...

I have HTC 8x and it keeps turning off automatically. One time it just turned off right in front of my face when I was in the middle of something. This happened more than 5 times a day. What do you think is the cause for all this?

AJ98

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: My HTC 8x keep turning off automatically...

What do you mean specifically? Every time it gets hot it turns off ?

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My HTC 8x keep turning off automatically...

It's the SIM card. Remove the card a put a couple of layers of scotch tape on it. Use an Exacto knife to cut the tape around the card.

This has been a common problem with the 8x. FWIW, after I did the above about 1 year ago it has never turned off automatically again.

OperationNENI

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
My HTC Window 8x is for some reason turning off randomly

It has been nearly half a month since I have had this phone. And for some reason it has recently been turning itself off. It would do it when I am on a walk, listening to music, it would do it when I am not using it so I end up finding it turned off, and it has done so when I am in the middle of doing something. When it does so, the phone its self is not over heating or low battery. I use all the same apps from my old phone, which was also a HTC Window 8x. I do not have an Sim Card either. So I do not know why this is happening. I would like to avoid reseting it and I would also like to avoid buying a new one since I just got this one.
So will anyone please try and help me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3