Banks giving up support for Windows Phone. The plane has hit the mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
First Chase, now BofA.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more.

This may be in preparation for Windows 10 universal apps, but why quit supporting in March when W10 comes out in ~September?

This may be the death knell for Windows Phone

I say this as someone who bought a Samsung Focus on the day 1 back in 2010 and four various Nokia Lumias thereafter

Sad to see it has come to this and MSFT isn't putting up a fight about it

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Highly doubtful that Chase or Bank of America would end support for their app and risk losing customers, and making those customers not trust them anymore just to have a W10 Universal app sometime down the line.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Where is Joe "Over-promise, Under-deliver" Belfiore? What happened to closing the app gap? The non-response / lack of fight from Microsoft is maddening

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Or...quite Simply neither Chase nor Bank of America have enough Windows Phone users to justify costs. That is most likely it and where America has no new WPs of interest. Its not gonna change soon.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not bovvered! Quite happy with the apps we have.......change , free country

I'm considering changing my bank now (from BoA) to another even if it has no App. And I'd be sure to tell them exactly why.

Without a WP App you are no longer more convenient for me than the next brand. I am showing you the loyalty you have displayed to me.

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I honestly, seriously, do not get the mindset of some of the people here. Is there anyone that actually believes that Microsoft could have done something about this? We're all fans, and we've all invested in the platform, but is there anyone here that really thinks that these mess-ups are as a result of Microsoft's decisions? I understand that we need a scapegoat but this is getting out of hand.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
If you are using your phone for banking, you really don't care about security. All my banking activities are strictly PC based with robust security measures in place.. .

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I honestly, seriously, do not get the mindset of some of the people here. Is there anyone that actually believes that Microsoft could have done something about this? We're all fans, and we've all invested in the platform, but is there anyone here that really thinks that these mess-ups are as a result of Microsoft's decisions? I understand that we need a scapegoat but this is getting out of hand.

I do not blame Microsoft...

BoA members... Log in via browser and click the "contact us" link at the bottom of your summary page. Select "Mobile and Text Banking" from the drop down menu. Save the phone contact information to disseminate to others. After you click sign out, you will get a survey where you can express your displeasure. Be sure to follow up with a phone call; be polite, but let them know that they are no longer any more convenient or attractive to you than any other bank without a mobile deposit function and you are seriously considering moving all your funds...

Capture.JPG

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are using your phone for banking, you really don't care about security. All my banking activities are strictly PC based with robust security measures in place.. .

I've never felt the BoA App was not secure. It has a lot of security built into it. It matches my browser experience step for step.

How, exactly, do I make mobile deposits via my browser? Can't be done right now.

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
While expressing displeasure is admirable and advisable, at this point it looks like it's becoming a game of whack-a-mole. Oddly enough I have accounts with both Chase and Bank of America. There are only so many banks you can threaten to leave before you're storing your money in your mattress. What happens if by Friday Wells Fargo announces they're pulling their app too? If bigger banks are pulling out we're in serious trouble. The smaller banks never invested resources in Windows Phone; it's not like they're going to start now. And some of us travel. Using a big bank so that we can access our money anywhere is a must.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Where is Joe "Over-promise, Under-deliver" Belfiore? What happened to closing the app gap? The non-response / lack of fight from Microsoft is maddening

How does one fight a problem that can't be solved until relevant market share is achieved? Once again we are here with the chicken/egg scenario. Will throwing money at developers help? This is kinda why I have no problem with Android apps right now. If developers are pulling their apps or not updating them, then how the hell does WP gain marketshare for devs to even look at the platform?

Universal apps? Pssh, call me overly doubtful.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Wells Fargo still has a nice app. And if they didn't, I'd rather switch banks than phones. I don't have to carry a bank around with me and use it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3