Why do I get the error use 10 digit # when I try to message?

sonia payne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
in messinging it states error,use 10 digit # I did!!!

In the beginning I put the phone # in people with a 1 in.front of the area code(this made 11 numbers) I went back and redid it,deleting the 1. Please help.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: in messinging it states error,use 10 digit # I did!!!

Go to SETTINGS
swipe to the right to APPLICATIONS
Go to PHONE
scroll down till you see the INTERNATIONAL Assist toggle button. TURN IT OFF

sonia payne

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Harrie, Thanks so much my internatioal assist is off,my error # was 1121611611-

Messaging error # 1121611611-can not send u need a 10 digit # the number I am sending to is 10 digits. Do u have any other ideas? Thanks for your time.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Did you change your provider?
On internet I found that this is the voicemail number from t mobile.
Try to read this link. It's for android but they have the same problem.
http://androidforums.com/threads/1121611611-error-122-invalid-number-fix.886366/

So try to change or switch of the voicemail number.
You can find it in the same place where international assist is.

Let me know if you could solve it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Seems to be related to Voice Mail service... See Harrie's link above. ^^^

Did you recently change service?

Check with your Service Provider (Carrier) for exactly what number your calls get forwarded to when you don't answer... This is your Voice Mail provided by your carrier. That number actually appears in a couple places and you will want to check those and make sure they match what the carrier provides.

Settings > network + > set > There are several areas here and every one except "All" should be checked (enabled) with a number autofilled from your carrier network. Sidenote: If you enable "All" that is for you to use manual call forwarding... Like having every incoming call to your cell forwarded to your desk at work or home phone or cousin Fred's house, whatever. Leave that one alone. Examine the other 3 and make sure that they match the carrier VM value.

That can then be overwritten. I have a number that kicks in and redirects me away from my carrier to YouMail service so I know it can be overwritten.

To see what number you dial out to when you check your voicemail messages go to: Phone > options (3 dots in bottom right corner) > settings > there is an area at the top of the page labeled "Use default voicemail number" and a number that is greyed out. Your carrier should also be able to provide you with what that number should be... If it does not match on your phone > toggle "Use default voicemail number" to "Off" and write in the correct value in the box.

If you continue to have errors or the right numbers will not stick... Ask your carrier for a new SIM (if applicable) or a reprovision based on your IMEI. A provision is a carrier side authorization of the services your phone is entitled to based on service paid for. A reprovision is a do-over.

Last thing... You could use a 3rd party voicemail. I love YouMail now that I have found them. A very advanced and full featured Visual Voice Mail that is 2 layer. Sign up on their website and download the App. On Windows Phone there is only a 3rd party App, but it has all the features of an official - it is called ISeeVM. The pair configured my VVM for me in just about a 1/2 hour's time all told (from sign up to final test that it works) and it works beautifully. You might want to check it out anyway, even if the above solves your issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss