Why are some of my contacts missing from the phone though they are in the Microsoft account which is synced?

Ann_Geo

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Contacts are missing from the phone though they are in the microsoft account which is synced

I have been using a lumia 720 for over a year now. But two days before most of my contacts mysteriously disappeared from my phone. I checked my microsoft account and all the contacts are there safe n sound. I cannot understand why my phone doesn't show them.
(I updated to 8.1 using the preview for developers but that was some time back and I still had my contacts after)

Last edited:

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Contacts are missing from the phone though they are in the microsoft account which is synced

Have you set a filter on the contacts list?

Open the People hub then go Settings>Filter contacts list

Ann_Geo

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Contacts are missing from the phone though they are in the microsoft account which is synced

the hotmail account is already checked in the filter contacts section

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft account will show contacts from all sources, you phone may filter them out.

remove any filters in the settings that eusty showed, and look again.

I've never heard of the lists being different.

Ann_Geo

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

actually the settings in my phone are to show the contacts from all sources. I haven't filtered out anything.
The contacts were all shown until two days before and then suddenly they disappeared. I cannot find a solution.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Are the contacts being imported from another source? Via outlook.com? Unfortunately if so they are not really on outlook.com and you will have to do a full import to make it work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ann_Geo

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

actually after setting up the microsoft account a year back, I imported all my contacts from an sd card. These contacts the got saved to people hub. I now still have them in people.live.com but not on my phone.. :/

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Are the contacts that are missing only entries with no phone #???

In People on the upper right corner it should have a note in your accent color about showing only contacts with phone numbers. You can tap that note to show a more full list.

Ann_Geo

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

no, i had checked all that..

Ann_Geo

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I got my contacts back :)
Solution: login to live account in pc and go to people. Select all the contacts and delete them. Don't worry you can restore them. Check your email+account in phone, it will start syncing the contacts(deleting). Let the syncing complete. Now go back to live account and restore the contacts. Phone will automatically sync the contacts back.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen that synchronization bug since Windows Phone 8.0! Back then, randomly some of my contacts disappeared and I had to go to my Outlook contacts online. Once there, I edited / saved every single missing contact and they synched down to my phone again.

Should have thought about deleting and restoring them - sounds almost easier. :winktongue:

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I found this very useful thanks ^.^ my phone for some reason wouldn't let me delete my contacts, so after checking that my contacts were still online correctly and exporting them to a document, I just deleted the account from my phone, and immediately added it again. It synced everything back, and my contacts are back ^.^ oddly, if I went into my phone calls before when I'd lost them it'd let me call them and recognised them temporarily as the person, but if I went into the contact from my call record it'd show them as not existing again :p
Thanks again ^.^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster