Did the Untappd app just push an update using the new tools to convert iOS and Android apps?

janlindblom

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
By the look of it, I get the feeling the latest update is something converted from iOS or Android. Or is it just me?
5723ba264dc541d5dab6b103e45c56a6.png

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I remember reading in the article on here that it was developed specifically for WP. To me it looks like a hybrid of both the iOS and Android apps, nothing wrong with that though.

janlindblom

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, since they let the makers of "Candy Crush Saga" (or whoever it was) use them I figured it wasn't all that unlikely given the similarities. I posted this about the same time as Rubinos' article since there wasn't any mention of it when I first looked, Daniel gave a good guess in the comments to that article as to what they'd actually used. If they've used Cordova then that would certainly explain the similarities just as well.

Skickat fr?n min iPad med Tapatalk

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, since they let the makers of "Candy Crush Saga" (or whoever it was) use them I figured it wasn't all that unlikely given the similarities. I posted this about the same time as Rubinos' article since there wasn't any mention of it when I first looked, Daniel gave a good guess in the comments to that article as to what they'd actually used. If they've used Cordova then that would certainly explain the similarities just as well.

Skickat fr?n min iPad med Tapatalk

Facebook, Twitter, Vine etc. All have similarities. Its just branding

janlindblom

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Facebook, Twitter, Vine etc. All have similarities. Its just branding

Facebook, Twitter, Vine etc all follow the general UX guidelines with menus, transitions etc. Untappd does non of that; no transitions, no bottom command bar (the guidelines tell you to put primary actions in a command bar, Untappd has them at the top), the main page is neither a pivot nor a hub, and so on.

Have you tried the app?

EDIT: Reposting a modified response since the original was removed.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Facebook, Twitter, Vine etc all follow the general UX guidelines with menus, transitions etc. Untappd does non of that; no transitions, no bottom command bar (the guidelines tell you to put primary actions in a command bar, Untappd has them at the top), the main page is neither a pivot nor a hub, and so on.

Have you tried the app?

EDIT: Reposting a modified response since the original was removed.
Removed for good reason.
In any case, guidelines are just that. Check out Rudy's apps for instance

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss