Accidentally press I don't own this phone anymore at windowsphone.com, how can I gain control back of my phone?

maiduchieu

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Accidentally press "I don't own this phone anymore" at windowsphone.com

Hi! I lost my lumia yesterday and I tried to use Find my phone to block and erase the data on the phone but useless. Then I saw "I don't own this phone anymore" and I clicked on it. I thought I would delete all of my data but turn out my phone had been removed from the device list and I can't find it or do anything with that phone anymore. So is there any way I can take back the control of my lost phone or at least does anyone know if my data had been deleted?

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Accidentally press "I don't own this phone anymore" at windowsphone.com

sorry with the loss of your phone.
If the phone is switched off or not connected to internet the find my phone or erase will not work.
(I presume you sett the find my phone in the settings of your phone).

You indeed pressed the wrong button.
The only way to "get it back" on your list is if you still would have the phone.

There is no way to be sure that your data is erased.
Only if you used a pin you can be sure that your phone will not be unlocked (accept if the thieves have the pin)

I hope you informed your provider and asked them if they could block it using your IMEI.

maiduchieu

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site

I've just removed another phone of mine from the device list at windowsphone.com and sadly the data is still there. But I realise that the phone will return to the list if I restart it. Unfortunately I didn't use a pin so I guess the only thing I can do now is hoping that the thieves had reset my phone and all of my data had been erased cos that phone still hasn't been back to the list. I will call my provider tomorrow but I don't think it will work cos I have nothing to prove that phone is mine. Thank you so much for your help!

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

Normally when you get a phone onto your provider, you have to offer them your IMEI, even if it's an unlocked phone (well at least any sane carrier would.) They can request that the phone becomes blacklisted and useless to use. I understand if your provider never asked for your IMEI, however they can still blacklist anything related to your phone number if you ask them. Do it as soon as possible since any sort of charge (overage fee, international calls etc...) before you report it, will happen and cannot be waived.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3