Can't connect to home wi-fi anymore....

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Getting the "Your phone can't connect to the Wi-Fi network" message. This is when I'm trying to connect to my home network which I've been connected to for years. Some info:

- I have a 1520.
- I'm sitting 2 ft from the router, so it's not a distance thing.
- I don't believe there was any update to the phone or the router.
- It's a dual band router and I get the same message on 2g and 5g lines
- Other devices around the house have been unaffected (including my wife's 920)
- I have tried deleting the connection and re-adding it, but it does not work.
- The only way I can get this to work is by restarting my phone. Then it will work until I go outside the network, and when I come back, I have the same issue all over again (so basically, after I leave the house and come back).
- This has been going on for a few weeks now.

The only thing I've noticed that's been different lately is that I've been connecting to more Xfinity networks around the city.

Anyone else seeing this? Anything I can do?

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey Tano, that was one of the things I tried in my list :).

djeire84, I'd really like to figure something out instead of just resetting it every time there's an issue...

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey Tano, that was one of the things I tried in my list :).

djeire84, I'd really like to figure something out instead of just resetting it every time there's an issue...

I know its a pain but often then not a reset is the only option. Has there been any change?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Umm my father has the same issue with his 925, I'll probably check it when I visit him next month. To me it looks more like an IP address conflict. Can you check your Wi-Fi router's DHCP settings?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3