Phone not syncing & time is off, what can I do to fix it?

ElectricGreen

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Phone not syncing & time is off

Went on vacation over memorial day weekend and when I got back on Monday I noticed my phone is acting strange.

It is no longer updating my email automatically, works fine if I press the refresh button within the email account. (settings are still setup to auto update every 15 minutes)

The time when in automatic is 15 minutes faster then actual time. ( have manually adjusted it to the correct time)

If I try to open the Data sense app it says loading and then kicks back out to the home screen.

I have tried restarting by using the down button & middle button.

Oddly the same thing is happening on my girl friends phone (she also was traveling with me)

My phone is a nokia lumina 920
GF's is a nokia lumina 909

Any help would be appreciated.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone not syncing & time is off, what can I do to fix it?

When the Time gets corrected that should solve the sync issue...

Did you leave the Time on Manual or switch back to Auto? On auto it should read the time from your carrier signal and they might be having the issue.

Try leaving Time setting on manual for a day or so and see if the auto clears up after that.

ElectricGreen

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone not syncing & time is off, what can I do to fix it?

So I found a solution. I changed the time zone to some random time zone and then back to my time zone and the time fixed itself. Then I restarted the phone and everything is working good again! This fixed both phones.