Can I get some help with an HTC One M8 for Windows Phone (AT&T)?

nerdydaddyo

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Need help with an HTC One M8 for Windows Phone (AT&T)

I tried to downgrade from Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview Build 10149 back to official Windows Phone 8.1 and it sent the device into a boot loop. I used the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to do it which is what was the real kicker. Now, when I try to put the device in bootrom mode, the WPRT doesn't detect the phone initially. When I scan manually for an HTC device, it finds it, but can't identify the firmware and returns a "Software not found on Server" message. Is there anyone that can help me? My phone is still brand new without a scratch on it. Recovery Mode (hard reset) does not work; only ends in a sad face icon. I know it needs to be reflashed but I cannot get my hands on the ROM. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy 4th!

Tom

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need help with an HTC One M8 for Windows Phone (AT&T)

Turn off the phone, Once the phone is off, Hold the Volume down key then plug the charger (charger should be connected to the power source ",) Once you see the exclamation ( ! ), remove your finger from the button.

Then press the following keys in, Volume Up, Volume Down, Power Key and Volume down. The phone will turn on automatically, this may take several minutes and it will show two gears that are spinning just wait for it to finish.

If this doesn't work, it may have to go back to HTC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3