Fastest way to restore the apps/settings/files after a factory reset to wp8.1 update 1?

navierstokez

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
whats the fastest way to restore the apps/settings/files after a factory reset to wp8.1 update 1?
I have a problem updating 2 apps on my phone and have been recommended by many to just reset.
However, my last attempt was quite time consuming as I had to go back to find all the apps, set them up. Transfer my files again and try to remember all my settings to the apps.
Is there a quicker way to do this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: whats the fastest way to restore the apps/settings/files after a factory reset to wp8.1 update 1

Mostly when picking a backup to restore, all the apps you had up to that date will be downloaded to the phone, but the settings won't be the same. There isn't a faster way though. You could check the store (on the phone or via desktop browser) to see a list of your downloaded apps

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
After resetting you should get the option to restore a backup during the new setup process

Last edited:

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Under settings and then backup, make sure you have apps+settings backup turned on. Tap on it and then "Backup now". With the same device, even your start screen layout should come back to the way it was before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05