Synergy between Windows Phone 8.1 and the new Windows 10? Any Advice?

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey WindowsCentral! Happy Windows 10 day!!! I got excited and updated all my computers today, but that was taking too long, so I went out and bought a Microsoft Lumia 640 while everything was downloading. I've been using Android for about forever and now that I'm stoked on Windows 10 and Windows Phone, I want to know how I can get the most out of this experience. I have been keeping up for the most part, but I don't know what Windows 10 will allow me to experience when partnering with a Windows Phone. I didn't have a Windows Phone when I was running 8.1, so really anything helps - it doesn't have to be 10 specific I guess.

I have photos syncing to OneDrive, but that's about as far as I have gotten.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OneDrive
OneNote
Office
Cortana and all her helps
Maps
Calendar
Email
Skype conversations
HealthVault
Here Maps collections
Xbox games and achievements
Groove Music
News (same feeds everywhere)

Many Universal Apps. Buy once and own across devices. Try NOAA High Def Radar. Live tile on the phone and on the PC to show you the radar picture for your location.

There is a ton more. Happy Windows 10 Day!!! and Happy Synergy. Have fun exploring.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
OneDrive
OneNote
Office
Cortana and all her helps
Maps
Calendar
Email
Skype conversations
HealthVault
Here Maps collections
Xbox games and achievements
Groove Music
News (same feeds everywhere)

Many Universal Apps. Buy once and own across devices. Try NOAA High Def Radar. Live tile on the phone and on the PC to show you the radar picture for your location.

There is a ton more. Happy Windows 10 Day!!! and Happy Synergy. Have fun exploring.

Out of that list, what is really unique to WP/W10M?

I am about to change my WP8.1 L930 to an iPhone and I'm trying to find out if I will lose any apps/functionality/Windows integration.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750