Audio not working after using Bluetooth?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
On occasion in the past I have found audio has stopped working (music not playing, alarms not going off etc) and had to turn the phone off and on again to get it working again. Today it happened again but I stopped and thought that, hang on, I had been using Bluetooth last night to play a podcast through my bedside speaker then turned if off before going to sleep. This time instead of rebooting I tried turning Bluetooth back on and after it connected to the speaker, turned it back off again. Hurrah! Audio working again. So it seems there is a bug in the Bluetooth code (currently on 8.1 but had this also happen while previously on 8) where intermittently it thinks it is still connected to Bluetooth even though it is turned off. Anyone else noticed this or got any suggestions or comments?

Edit: On reflection I think I first noticed this issue where I had been using wired headphones rather than Bluetooth so I think any bug is located more in the general audio handling side of things with it not always resetting audio to use the internal speaker.

mojophone

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Based upon your comment in your edit, I agree. I had a similar issue with a wired headset with in-line mute. If I muted using the headset, I had the exact same issue you had -- all sound was disabled until I rebooted the phone. I asked a guy at my Windows store and he indicated that there are known issues like this. I didn't follow all of the explanation, but it seemed to have to do with the connector used by the headphones/headsets. Frustrating but as long as I only mute via the phone itself, no issues. Not sure why it would be an issue with a regular set of headphones, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos