How do I delete temporary files on my Windows Phone 8.1?

joshua diaz2

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Deleting temporary files on my windows phone 8.1

I used storage check and delete my temporary files frequently but the other day I noticed that within a day it jumped from about 400 MB to 700 MB and I didn't even really use my phone that day. Is there another way to delete temporary files that aren't needed?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Deleting temporary files on my windows phone 8.1

The only recommended way is to use Storage Sense, go to the Temporary Files category and then tap on "delete" in the temporary files page. Make sure also to delete Internet History under Internet Explorer Settings and manage storage under Advanced Settings in I.E.

The other non-recommended way is to force your phone to flush out unnecessary files by using a specific app to fill in the memory of your phone until your phone is forced to delete the unneeded temporary files. But since this method has sometimes caused more trouble than relief to others, I won't even mention the name of the app here - unless asked for in a subsequent response. :wink:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

How long did you wait? It may take anywhere from 5 minutes to 24 hours before all the temporary files are deleted.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

There have been many threads about this and I think I've forgotten if I already mentioned this elsewhere: have you tried connecting your phone to your PC, launching the Windows Phone for Desktop app, and then leaving your phone connected to your PC for some time (15 minutes to an hour)? Some users have reported that this method deletes some of the temporary files/Others category automatically... in addition to the Storage Sense approach.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb