Downgraded Lumia 635 from 10 to 8.1, Stock Weather and News don't work, how can I get it working?

kmzzenit

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Downgraded Lumia 635 from 10 to 8.1, Stock Weather and News dont work

So, I have a bit of a problem with my 635. I downgraded from 10 back to 8.1 due to general bugginess, and now the built in MSN Weather or News apps do not function. If you try to open them it opens up an App Store page stating "Item not available - This item isn't available in the store."

I tried resetting from Settings, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

davo_svk

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downgraded Lumia 635 from 10 to 8.1, Stock Weather and News dont work

Same problem here. I reinstalled FW just yesterday. And I'm not able to get access to MSN weather, News, battery saver, and "download application". Everything are stock apps. When I find them on Web store, it says "Item not available - This item isn't available in the store."

(Lumia 920)

Please HELP!

Last edited:

Tamakin

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Same here. I upgraded L520 to L830 and Weather and News aren't available.
I checked Store from my old 520 and i couldn't find either. Maybe they are unavailable from store?

Tamakin

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

You guys should have hard reset and not restored. Those apps are pre installed now. But only news is unistallable.

I tried hard reset too but news and weather app weren't installed by default and I couldn't find in store to install.

Anyone without this problem could look at store from phone and tell us if theses apps can be found?

kmzzenit

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

What do you mean "hard reset and not restored"?

I reinstalled 8.1 using the MS recovery tool. From then on these apps no longer function. Just selecting to open one opens up the app store with the above error.

Ajkan

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Same Problem here as well, I've reinstalled the 8.1 with MS recovery tool and restore my backup and no luck after that, hard reset the phone and no news and weather as well.
when I search the store on PC or ask Cortana for weather or news it shows than MSN News and MSN Weather are available on store but getting the " Item not available, This item isn't available in the store" message.
also the feature to install an app from PC is removed from the new store so no luck there as well.

I hope it would be a temporary thing with the store ..
any suggestion ?

MarcosWerewolf

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, my guess is that Microsoft pulled out those apps from the store for an update, perhaps it'll take some time until they put them available to download again.

saras112

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

Had the same problem deleting all backups solved my issue.

Ajkan

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
hey good news, just checked for update in store via settings and both got updated.
weather is good , news is still acting up to install the update.
I'm guessing their working on it. so it's gonna be ok .

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Same issue here today on a brand new 630 bought for a family member. News still won't install but Weather now has.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre