Two Phone apps?

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried W10M on my phone, and it didn't work out for me. I reverted back to 8.1, and things seem to work fine except I have two phone apps listed. One has an icon, the other is just a gray square. Both open the phone app, but i can't get rid of the second one. Have already done the hard reset after installing 8.1. any ideas?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but I have done that before without this issue.

I don't think it has anything to do with back up. Soft reset done? did it help? If I might say swipe right in the list select the phone try to pin it to start if the pin option is greyed out then that is the icon on the main screen. Is it the grey square that cant remove? Can you show us a screenshot? please quote in reply so I can get notification

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with back up. Soft reset done? did it help? If I might say swipe right in the list select the phone try to pin it to start if the pin option is greyed out then that is the icon on the main screen. Is it the grey square that cant remove? Can you show us a screenshot? please quote in reply so I can get notification

Yes, soft and hard reset have had no effect. My only option is Pin to start.

wp_ss_20151014_0001.png

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
That is very interesting. I can think of one more alternative but it might not be necessary if it is just an icon but doesn't affect the function of the phone. Try going back to W10 and use the recovery tool to go back and not restore from back up as that is the only method you haven't tried. Let us know how you go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05