MicroSD cards errors on Lumia 620

simplylogan93

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so last month my Lumia 620 (running 8.1) all of the sudden wouldn't let me download apps from the store. At that time, my phone was telling me that my microSD card had errors and that it couldn't fix them. When I switched to a different card the errors were resolved -- or so I thought. Even on a different microSD, my phone soon started giving me errors again and not downloading apps from the store.

Transferring my existing apps back and forth between cards is a major pain, since I can only transfer a select number of them that will fit on my internal memory (free space is a measly half a gigabyte). Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like a rant, but I'm sick and tired of transferring all my apps and data (besides the stuff I can just re-download) over and over again just to have my microSD card throw me an error again! Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes would be highly appreciated.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do these cards show the same errors when you use the card reader on your PC?

Where did you purchase the cards? Many cards sold on eBay are fake. They'll throw those errors because they're really only say 2GB but advertised by unscrupulous sellers as say 32GB.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
This is another well known issue. My 1320 does it. I reboot and allow it to fix sd card errors. Strange thing is, some apps on sd card show, yet others are 'blacked out'. I swapped for a class 10 32gig SanDisk, and the same issue appeared. I bought a generic one in a supermarket which worked for a while then same issue.

Back to the SanDisk and been ok for past 3 weeks. Fingers crossed. Not seen this issue on 640 or 640xl, 435 etc...

simplylogan93

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention -- I have a 32GB Sandisk (Class 4) microSD, and a 32GB Lexar (Class 10) microSD that I thought would solve my problems when I purchased it.

Laura -- I have a Macintosh computer, but I don't get any errors when transferring data via a card reader. My Sandisk card was purchased from Amazon I think (it was a gift along with my phone). The Lexar one was purchased at Walmart. Besides the phone store errors, everything else works fine.

Matt -- I've had the app-blackout thing happen to me too on select apps, not super frequently though. Perhaps I'll back up my photos to my computer, then let WP try to fix the errors on the card, though this hardly ever works...

Looking at this thread now, this probably should've gone under Windows Phone 8.1 -- oops haha, too late now

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I moved your thread to the Windows Phone 8.1 forum.

That is strange. Those cards should work fine. Plus you're not having issues with the cards with your computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99