What Music Player Are You Using (For WP/W10M)?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
N7 music player

I've tried N7 player for a while, but somehow the app was laggy for me. I tried rebooting my phone and used it again, still laggy. Reinstalled the app and had better performance than the first two, but it was still laggy. So ended up uninstalling it. How did it work for you? And are you using it on a WP8.1 or W10M?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
It's a free app. No ads but some features are there in Pro only. You can try pro features for free first 30 days.

Well, I'm using that app along with Groove, simply because it is the only app to detect my album art and display them correctly, as well as having good performance (not better than Groove though). And I'm holding on the dev's promised upcoming features like FLAC and gapless playback. Really liked those features from Groove.

Btw, thanks for recommending me that app :D

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Listen works great for me, everything in my iTunes library came in exactly and no scanning time is the best

Yeah I used Listen last time. Was really good at first, and really loved the simple interface. But somehow the app got buggy after some time, and that forced me to stop using it. By buggy, I'm talking about inconsistent performance of the app, as well as not detecting some of my songs at random times (it appears and disappears from my playlist randomly).

But that was a long time ago, and I haven't used it since then. How is the app now?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I just use Groove, the new version is great for simple users (like me :))

The only thing that made me angry when using Groove is the fact that it wont detect the embedded album art in my music files. And to make matters worst, I EMBED ALL THOSE ALBUM ARTS MYSELF, helped only by mp3Tag (I had to edit the metadata of the songs manually and download all the album arts respectively).

So, yeah. It kinda pisses me off when my effort goes in vain. :/

justonlumia

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
All my songs are there and the playlists from my iTunes library syncs perfectly (which is the best so I can have the same library and playlists across all my devices in different platforms) . None of the other players I tried managed to import playlists. I'm using it from 6 months, so far no problems.

The only drawback is search takes a long time because all my songs are on SD card.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
All my songs are there and the playlists from my iTunes library syncs perfectly (which is the best so I can have the same library and playlists across all my devices in different platforms) . None of the other players I tried managed to import playlists. I'm using it from 6 months, so far no problems.

The only drawback is search takes a long time because all my songs are on SD card.

I see. Thanks for your input bro. Guess I'll give it a go again sometime soon.

Btw, does Listen support FLAC?

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Audiotica is a simple, clean music player. It's not just a music player though; hear a song you like but don't have? You can use Audiotica to look for the song and download it from various sources at the quality you desire possible and tag and art matching courtesy of Last.FM and Spotify all straight from the app. Might not have all the features people look for in a music player but I still recommend it. (Sadly doesn't work properly to download music on Windows 10 Mobile :c It's why I'm on Musicus till I find or someone finds a better app with the same or similar feature set)

Musicus isn't as popular but it also has a distinct, cool UI. Also has a similar music search/download feature with tagging in most cases.

Tag Editor is the best app you can get for editing ID3s and album art, and the changes will show in any music player after the fact. It's very simple and also has Tag Matching from either Xbox Music(Groove) and Last.FM for the more obscure songs or if you don't find a result on Xbox Music somehow.
(EX. You won't find many results for Brian Tyler if you try to use Xbox Music to match tags and art for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse OST :p)

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought Extreme Music based on reviews. Got most of the album art, very happy so unpinned Groove tiles with no art from my start screen and replaced with Extreme Music ones, looks great. One problem. ALBUMS PINNED TO START SCREEN DO NOT PLAY. Is there no solution to this problem in Windows 10? Extreme Music is not it!

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Audiotica is a simple, clean music player. It's not just a music player though; hear a song you like but don't have? You can use Audiotica to look for the song and download it from various sources at the quality you desire possible and tag and art matching courtesy of Last.FM and Spotify all straight from the app. Might not have all the features people look for in a music player but I still recommend it. (Sadly doesn't work properly to download music on Windows 10 Mobile :c It's why I'm on Musicus till I find or someone finds a better app with the same or similar feature set)

Musicus isn't as popular but it also has a distinct, cool UI. Also has a similar music search/download feature with tagging in most cases.

Tag Editor is the best app you can get for editing ID3s and album art, and the changes will show in any music player after the fact. It's very simple and also has Tag Matching from either Xbox Music(Groove) and Last.FM for the more obscure songs or if you don't find a result on Xbox Music somehow.
(EX. You won't find many results for Brian Tyler if you try to use Xbox Music to match tags and art for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse OST :p)

I've tried using Audiotica recently, and as much as I love the features, I'm not willing enough to pay subscription for it (I'm still a student btw, so yeah). But tbh, the app does look cool, and I believe its UI has improved greatly from the time I first tried using it (which was many months ago).

And yeah, I've previously used Tag Editor, but I find it much better and easier to just edit the tags or add the album artwork to my mp3 files through my PC, specifically using a software called Mp3tag.

But that's my problem. Most of the music app that I've used in Windows 10 Mobile doesn't correctly detect the embedded artwork that I've added into my mp3 files, which really frustrates me. Those that do detect it correctly has performance issues like lags, slow launching, etc. So far, only Aki Music performs well for me, but it doesn't have features like FLAC support, gapless playback, Last.FM scrobbling and whatnot, but according to the dev, the features will be coming soon, which is fair as the app was released very recently (it's only a few months old).

Haven't tried Musicus though. Does the app play your local music files, or is it only for streaming music like Spotify or Xbox/Groove Music Pass?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I bought Extreme Music based on reviews. Got most of the album art, very happy so unpinned Groove tiles with no art from my start screen and replaced with Extreme Music ones, looks great. One problem. ALBUMS PINNED TO START SCREEN DO NOT PLAY. Is there no solution to this problem in Windows 10? Extreme Music is not it!

Ikr? Tbh, only Groove music performs reaally good on W10M, but the album art detection on that app is reaally bad as well >.<

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've tried using Audiotica recently, and as much as I love the features, I'm not willing enough to pay subscription for it (I'm still a student btw, so yeah). But tbh, the app does look cool, and I believe its UI has improved greatly from the time I first tried using it (which was many months ago).

And yeah, I've previously used Tag Editor, but I find it much better and easier to just edit the tags or add the album artwork to my mp3 files through my PC, specifically using a software called Mp3tag.

But that's my problem. Most of the music app that I've used in Windows 10 Mobile doesn't correctly detect the embedded artwork that I've added into my mp3 files, which really frustrates me. Those that do detect it correctly has performance issues like lags, slow launching, etc. So far, only Aki Music performs well for me, but it doesn't have features like FLAC support, gapless playback, Last.FM scrobbling and whatnot, but according to the dev, the features will be coming soon, which is fair as the app was released very recently (it's only a few months old).

Haven't tried Musicus though. Does the app play your local music files, or is it only for streaming music like Spotify or Xbox/Groove Music Pass?
I got Audiotica for free so you lost me there on the subscription bit.
Musicus plays local files yes, whether you can hook onedrive into it is another story

Ostbiten

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
You guys should try out Music Locker, was my favourite when I was using Windows Phone. Supports FLAC, supports streaming from OneDrive, nice UI and the most important for me, it supports playlist-formats, so I can use all my playlists I use on desktop.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I got Audiotica for free so you lost me there on the subscription bit.
Musicus plays local files yes, whether you can hook onedrive into it is another story

Oh wow, how did you get it for free? Urm, from what I understand, Audiotica asked me to register and pay some sort of subscription to enjoy certain functions like streaming, downloading, etc. And also there's a guaranteed support from the support team and other Audiotica users or something. So, yeah.

Hurm, maybe I'll give Musicus a try. Thanks for sharing though. And if you manage to find other good apps, do share it with us here. Thanks! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb