Bricked 830 when applying Device Recovery Tool

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I now have a bricked 830 when I applied the Device recovery tool. I was attempting to reinstall 8.1 after using the Device Recovery Tool. I downloaded the latest image for my 830 (which took almost 2 hours for about a 1.4 GB image???)

The DRT flashed phone and reinstalled OS. During startup menus (I have done this many times so I know what to expect) When I got to the Reset Protection recovery key the screen is showing 5 textbox entries with no description of the entries. Previously when I have re-flashed I was asked for MS account email, password. and later asked for other registered Email to receive reset code. I got none of that. I have flashed this twice with the same result.

Anybody have any idea where I can get help on this or where I can report the issue with the 830 recovery image?
:angry::angry:

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
OK. I figured it out. I had to go to the WindowsPhone.com to get the 25 character reset key (the 5 textboxes). Also the phone needs to be on a wifi connection.

Previously is seems I just entered my MS email and password and my alternate email address and was sent a 6 or 7 digit code. Apparently I had the phone set up for an advance reset protection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3