Is there any good alternative to Call & SMS Filter?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a cheap Microsoft phone whose name I don't even remember, with Windows 8.1, I think.

I can add contacts from a call history to a blocked list, and this works (the adding).

But I can only choose to block calls AND text. I just wanted to block text, in this case.

Furthermore it seems the texts are not even blocked by the phone, they are received and just not shown, but you can show them after the fact? That means the person sending me will not know they were blocked, while I want the messages to not even arrive. This is a dysfunctional feature in that sense causing social complications.

"Why didn't you respond, I saw my message arrived just fine". "Ehm.. it ended up in a spamfilter, that's all". (Cause that's what it is). "Well, can't you unspam me then? Well sure. If it works at all, I hear it doesn't."

Versus.

"I just blocked your messages. They were never received." "Oh.... okay, euhm.... ok."

Not being alerted about messages is one thing (that is what this thing is) (a spamfilter). Messages never being received by your phone is quite another.

Is there any text app (sms app) on Windows phone that can do this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes