Windows Phone 8.1 won't save an unknown contact?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I receive a call from someone who is not already a contact. The call displays as "unknown contact". After answering I find out it is someone I know or an important business I use and I want to save the contact. After the call is over, it appears in my Phone History as "Unknown Contact". I hit the "more" button to the right and a screen opens up and it says: Line one: Unknown Contact. Line 2: the telephone number.
There is a "Save" icon at the bottom of the screen. I click that icon. I would expect that a screen would open up that would let me edit the name. But it doesn't. The page just closes. So I would assume I can now go to Contacts and open the contact and edit it. But it is not under "Unknown" and it is not under "Contact" and contact search can't find it and an app I have called Phone Search that did not come with the Windows Phone 8.1 OS but can find more things on my phone than the Windows search app can find, well it can't find it either!
I'll go one better for you. I want to call a local business. I search for it on the web using Bing on my phone. It is found and a page displayed showing all of the contact info, website, etc. The phone number is displayed in blue and it is clearly a link. I click on the link and it dials and I get connect to the business. At the top of the call page it says, "Dennis Dillon RV & Marine". When I finish the call, it appears in my Phone History as "Dennis Dillon RV & Marine. So I click on the "more" button and a page opens up that has the following: Line 1: "Dennis Dillon RV & Marine", Line 2: the phone number. So I click on the save icon at the bottom of the page and the page closes. But you can't find the contact. It isn't under Dennis, or Dillon, or RV or Marine and no phone search app can find it.
What in the world is this all about and why hasn't this been fixed with an update. I am using a Nokia Lumia 929 with Windows phone 8.1 update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I receive a call from someone who is not already a contact. The call displays as "unknown contact". After answering I find out it is someone I know or an important business I use and I want to save the contact. After the call is over, it appears in my Phone History as "Unknown Contact". I hit the "more" button to the right and a screen opens up and it says: Line one: Unknown Contact. Line 2: the telephone number.
There is a "Save" icon at the bottom of the screen. I click that icon. I would expect that a screen would open up that would let me edit the name. But it doesn't. The page just closes. So I would assume I can now go to Contacts and open the contact and edit it. But it is not under "Unknown" and it is not under "Contact" and contact search can't find it and an app I have called Phone Search that did not come with the Windows Phone 8.1 OS but can find more things on my phone than the Windows search app can find, well it can't find it either!
I'll go one better for you. I want to call a local business. I search for it on the web using Bing on my phone. It is found and a page displayed showing all of the contact info, website, etc. The phone number is displayed in blue and it is clearly a link. I click on the link and it dials and I get connect to the business. At the top of the call page it says, "Dennis Dillon RV & Marine". When I finish the call, it appears in my Phone History as "Dennis Dillon RV & Marine. So I click on the "more" button and a page opens up that has the following: Line 1: "Dennis Dillon RV & Marine", Line 2: the phone number. So I click on the save icon at the bottom of the page and the page closes. But you can't find the contact. It isn't under Dennis, or Dillon, or RV or Marine and no phone search app can find it.
What in the world is this all about and why hasn't this been fixed with an update. I am using a Nokia Lumia 929 with Windows phone 8.1 update.

would you by any chance have truecaller installed?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos