All app suddenly become crashed/unopenable?

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
So this is happened to me, I use Lumia 620 with WP8.1 update 1.
Since last change of onedrive backup in past month, that all of WP8.1 see error can't backup app & setting and said to upgrade your software, I notice one by one app seems to crash after splash screen, first it was only the app that I rarely use, then last week I receive popup that I haven't backup for 3 weeks, so I do the backup, but then suddenly all non-native apps is become unopenable. Even Facebook, 6tag, Whatsapp, Here apps, etc. and including MSN Weather. I tried hard reset with restoring and not restoring backup but nothing can fix it, still can't open anything useful apps other than Phone, Messaging, Email, People, Calculator, Alarm, Calendar, Photos & Camera. Other than that will crash.
Did this happen to anyone or it just me?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So this is happened to me, I use Lumia 620 with WP8.1 update 1.
Since last change of onedrive backup in past month, that all of WP8.1 see error can't backup app & setting and said to upgrade your software, I notice one by one app seems to crash after splash screen, first it was only the app that I rarely use, then last week I receive popup that I haven't backup for 3 weeks, so I do the backup, but then suddenly all non-native apps is become unopenable. Even Facebook, 6tag, Whatsapp, Here apps, etc. and including MSN Weather. I tried hard reset with restoring and not restoring backup but nothing can fix it, still can't open anything useful apps other than Phone, Messaging, Email, People, Calculator, Alarm, Calendar, Photos & Camera. Other than that will crash.
Did this happen to anyone or it just me?

during the backup, the apps become pending or unusable until the backup finishes. If the backup process got corrupted, it might have caused in issue with 3rd party apps

Since you've tried a hard reset without success, try using windows device recovery tool to install afresh windows 8.1. You'll need a pc where you ca install WDRT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte