Glance Background disappeared after hard reset- how to retrieve?

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I recently hard reset my Lumia 1020 and since the hard reset, I can't reinstall the Glance Background Beta App. I used to have it on my 1020 and I have the same version of 8.1 OS (Denim) that I had before the reset, but now when I try to install the glance background, it says my phone is not supported.

Is there any way I could get it back? I tried changing the region to China, but that didn't work. I LOVED Glance Background, so I would really like to get this back.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I recently hard reset my Lumia 1020 and since the hard reset, I can't reinstall the Glance Background Beta App. I used to have it on my 1020 and I have the same version of 8.1 OS (Denim) that I had before the reset, but now when I try to install the glance background, it says my phone is not supported.

Is there any way I could get it back? I tried changing the region to China, but that didn't work. I LOVED Glance Background, so I would really like to get this back.

check for OS updates, jus in case something is missing.
Check your downloads history for the app and try downloading from there

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the help, but my downloads history only dates back to the date I restored my phone after the hard reset, so I can't try it from my downloads. I did my phone update, and my phone is up-to-date.

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Again, I appreciate the effort. I have the right region (USA,) and the current date and time...should I change the date back to a pre-denim date and try downloading it that way?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Again, I appreciate the effort. I have the right region (USA,) and the current date and time...should I change the date back to a pre-denim date and try downloading it that way?

there used to be an app called sysapp pusher - search for that app, it can help you get software that went missing - worth a shot

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it was a beta program. I can get to the beta and get to the screen where I would be able to download the app, but it says it isn't compatible with my phone (even though it used to be on my phone,) so I can't actually download it. I'll give the sysapp pusher a shot!

booga007

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've had issues with the Touch app, seems like they might have dumped any support for the older OS's on even their relevant apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro