WP 8.1 - Touch app missing after hard reset

booga007

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello All,

So, as the title suggested, I have hard reset my WP 8.1 phone, Lumia 925 specifically, now I've restored from cloud backup, re-installed all the apps, updated the OS, updated further apps (Which I think included a touch app update, but not the most recent, obviously).

Now, I understand from Touch v2.2.0.1 (i think) it included the option to turn off the vibration on the home and back buttons.

Is it simply that MS has replaced their WP 8.1 compatible app with a W10M app and said a big FU! to the WP 8.1 users that can't upgrade without the Insider Program??

Can I get an old copy of the software somewhere?

Cheers.

PS, I already reported the new Gestures and Touch app as misleading as I cannot install on 8.1, if we all do it maybe they'll realise. :smile:

booga007

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestion, I had not even heard of this program.

Unfortunately I could not find it within the app store, so I Google'd it and even when signed in to the MS page which has my phone registered, it tells me this app will not work for my device and I cannot install it. :(

If its of any use, here is the details in my devices page:
Windows Phone
Lumia 925
IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Phone 8 (8.10.14226)

booga007

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I managed to go the long way about it and found the SysApp Pusher though Google on my phone.

I can see the Touch app, and it has the newest version 2.3.0.7, but it still won't install.

Can I get an older version to install some how? It was not immediately obvious on how to.

anon(8770622)

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The "touch" setting app was unpublished by Microsoft about half a year ago, and I have no idea why. I've contacted Microsoft about this recently, and I hope someone will republish it soon, although I find it very unlikely at this point.

I got an older version of the app after hard resetting my phone (WP 8.1), and not restoring a backup. This version had the option to disable vibration for the navigation keys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon