"If" autocorrects to "I"

Malthusian

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

For some reason my Windows Phone has started to correct a couple of words that are clearly correct - most often it corrects "if" to "I". There is another less common one but I can't recall it at this moment. Is there any way to stop it doing this? I don't want to turn it off entirely as it is usually helpful, especially when writing words with apostrophes.

Apologies if it's already been answered, but because they're short words it was a tricky problem to put into a search engine.

gcnz

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Same for me, so annoying, I've got a Lumia 635. Mine also often changes is to I and time to Tim.
Excactly which setting you are referring to kekejackson42?
Settings\Keyboard, tap current keyboard, settings are "suggest text", "highlight misspelled words", "correct misspelled words", "suggest emoticons", "insert a space after I select a suggestion", "insert a full stop after I double-tap the spacebar", "capitalise the first letter of a sentence", "type as I flick through letters".
"correct misspelled words" seems to be the open setting that would change the annoying behaviour, but that would also turn off autocorrect.
I can only reproduce it on my phone sometimes, if I type "what if we went out", or "and if you", someitmes the if will change to I. It doesn't seem to do it on another Lumia 635 that was recently reset so maybe the phone is trying to be smart and using previous typing to assume you want to autocorrect if to I after certain words but not others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon