MS OneNote MS WP8.1 (Windows Phone 8.1) Error Code 80004005 "Can't Sync" ?

WandrinAndy

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I am suffering from a MS OneNote problem:

MS OneNote - MS WP8.1 (Windows Phone 8.1) - Error Code 80004005 - "Can't Sync"
- problem ONLY on my WP8.1 phones - MS Lumia 532 - and also Nokia Lumia 530
- problem started around 2017-04-12

OneNote is that important to my life that I even did a HARD reset on my phone yesterday, and after all the time wasted doing a hard reset, it did nothing to solve the problem, but instead means that I no longer even have a usable copy of my OneNotes on my phone, I only have freshly activated "Quick-Notes" !!!

ONEDRIVE on my WP8.1 phones can "see" my OneNote documents/files that are held on ONEDRIVE, but these are designed to only be opened by OneNote.

During my desperation in earlier trying to solve this I have also seen the error message "Can't Sync" which is even less detailed and accordingly even less helpful than Code 80004005.

I've had about enough of these software problems. And the idea, mentioned earlier in this thread, that Microsoft will drop support of WP8.1 in a few months has shocked me, as it really wasn't very long ago that I bought this NEW Microsoft phone! Please Microsoft get this fixed.

Anybody else experiencing a similar problem?

UPDATE: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am down-under 2017-04-19 14:45 Australian Eastern Time,

and MS OneNote on my MS WP8.1 smartphone Lumia 532 is now syncing my MS OneNote notebooks again !!!

I had just switched my phone off and on again but that may not be necessary.

That is TOTALLY BRILLIANT NEWS !!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !!!

Last edited:

erikandy

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with OneNote on my Nokia Lumia 925 (WP 8.1) since 2017-04-11: OneNote "Can't sync". I reset WP Office and as a result I also have only freshly activated "Quick Notes". I would appreciate any idea to solve this problem.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Both the Office and OneNote WP8.1 apps can't authenticate to the associated microsft account one drive to sync/open files. it's super frustrating.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
If only they'd updated the office and OneNote apps the way they did the OneDrive app.. So crazy that ms didn't support their own platform

Tom Krupinski

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
My response:

1- The phone was functioning fine connecting to OneNote and files on OneDrive prior to the Windows 10 cumulative update on 4/11/17.
2- There were no changes made to the phone software.
3- It appears that there were changes made about that time to the structure of the OneDrive system preventing it from syncing and downloading Windows Phone 8.1.
4- I am not alone experiencing this problem! See: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-phone-8-1-error-code-80004005-cant-sync.html

I suggest you coordinate this with the appropriate Microsoft entity to get this major problem fixed ASAP!

From: OneDrive help + feedback [mailto:1drv@supportcenteronline.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2017 4:25 PM
To: tkrupinski@outlook.com
Subject: OneDrive: Help ticket #30099-819764

Hi Tom,

We are from OneDrive technical support and we do not have expertise related to this issue. I suggest you to raise your concern with Microsoft community by following below link and you can also look for Windows phone support pages for further help.

Microsoft Community : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us?auth=1

Windows Phone Support : https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/products/windowsphone

Thanks
OneDrive Team
Ticket Information:
Ticket #: 819764
Date Created: 4/15/2017 03:22 PM PDT
What would you like to do?:
Category:
Comment: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4015217) installed 4/11/17. Now my OneNote information can not be downloaded to my Lumia 928 running 8.1.

If you have any other questions or comments, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

The OneDrive Team

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs