What features do you want the most in 8.2?

ekgmedia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Think of your favorite live album....you know how in between tracks there's some crowd noise? Without gapless playback there will be a second or so of silence in between each track, instead of flowing smoothly.

It's jarring, to say the least.

Even more jarring on a Mixed dance Album... You totally lose the beat.

- I would like to see my phone stop rebooting 2 or 3 times per day
- To have Twitter and Instagram back as a sharing choices, When I switched to 8.1 DevPreview it went away
- To show more than one calendar event on Live Tile
- I would really like to have a Cursor Bubble above your finger so you can see where your moving it. (Think of how IOS moves cursor around)
- In landscape mode, it would be nice if you could switch between apps like you can on a tablet, just swipe in from the left.. I think the phone is too small for it to work in portrait mode, you would be switching between apps without meaning to. On phone, currently the Notifications are coming when you swipe from the Top of the phone, but it should be from the Top of the phone as its oriented. Just like a Windows 8 tablet does.. If you turn it in landscape mode, the top stays the top and the left stays the left.

Last edited:

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
- Full resolution photos in photos hub.
- More attachment/sharing options with an option to share with multiple apps.
More codecs/file type/subtitles/lyrics support for Music/Video apps.
- Interactive tiles/notifications.
- More toggles in action center.
- Exif data in photos hub.
- Option to edit metadata for media and option to search and tag album/artist art/wallpaper.
- Live lock screen out of beta.
- Native sound recorder.
- More connectivity options. USB OTG. Joystick support. Wifi Direct. DLNA.
- Loosen up restrictions to allow developers to work with more standards. (OpenGL, Webkit etc)
- Power and Optimization Management app natively.
- Native cache management app with option to force delete applications cache either individually or collectively.
- Shorter refresh times for live tiles.
- Show download page in internet explorer to know what is being downloaded and what is downloaded in the past. Integrate current downloads for every app including internet explorer with action center.
- Store app keeping separate record of your reviews so you could easily find and edit them later.
- Better text editing/selection/highlighting/copy/pasting options.
Native graphic equalizer in music/video apps.
- Updated Office+OneNote with Cortana integration to dictate/edit/annotate documents/notes.
- Add more countries to Bing maps.
- Improve email app.
- performance improvements. Since 8.1 windows phone has become lagdows for some reason.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Voice search for apps in store using Cortana with recommendations for which is the best alternative if app not found!!! notification led on the windows hardware symbol on Nokia phones (if the idea of battery drain comes along just have a settings function as to how much time passes between each flicker - the longer the time the less battery used) more animations for the live folders drop down view.

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I just want more customization .

Third party lockscreens with unique style .

More customizable , resizable & Interactive live tyles .

Good menu style with background photo option in menu

more powerfull statusbar . add Scrollable tyles , date & time & display brightness meter etc .

Orientation mode in start screen.

Better multitaskig like android.

plz give an option to see cpu usage , ram usage & disk usage .

More faster , smoother , unrestricted & secure os

want to see big raise of windows phones marketshare through wp8.2

Jishan S

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Want more and more customization for the tiles as well as the app list..I want to see some changes also on the way apps opened or closed..better action center with more toggle buttons and also the appearance of notifications..:)

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Want more and more customization for the tiles as well as the app list..I want to see some changes also on the way apps opened or closed..better action center with more toggle buttons and also the appearance of notifications..:)
I agree. I want more customization and also start screen customization.

Shayesta Miah

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
- Alphabetical Order for Settings
These is ridiculous at moment LOL. Too many options and it needs to be categorised alphabetical order so it's easier to find. Everything under settings should follow this.
- Music Seek Bar
This needs to be made bigger. I find it hard to skip to certain parts within tracks due to the tiny seek bar.
- Equaliser Integration
Equaliser should be in added within the Xbox Music app too. Easier and you don't constantly have to keep going into settings > audio
- Cortana
Voice needs improving, most of the time it sounds like a robot speaking (them good old days speaking software). It needs improving more. Sometimes it finds it hard to understand what I say. Must be my British accent LOL

That's all I can think of now.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been on a Lumia 930 for 4 days now, previously Android and iOS.

I did my homework and checked all the apps I use were available, or an equivalent was available.

But two things I completely missed and didn't expect to have to check......

OneNote (from Microsoft!), does not support passwords or handwriting.... Come on!!!

Secondly, Sharing to Twitter?

Don't get me wrong, I love the phone and OS, but those are pretty basic functions.

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
i want ... actual background, not transparent tiles...
That would be pretty useless. With almost the entire start screen real estate covered with tiles, how would you even see such a background? You would hardly be able to see anything in the 1-millimeter gaps between the tiles. The transparent tiles feature is really the only method that would let you actually see the background image.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
In terms of the operating system itself, all I want for Christmas is better Mac and Linux support. Microsoft needs to get their heads OUT OF THEIR REARENDS and realize that not everybody uses a Windows machine. I haven't for years and I don't plan on it in the future. It wouldn't exactly be difficult to implement USB Mass Storage mode or even pre-installed drivers for MTP support so that it mounts on OSX or Ubuntu.

Al Hoel

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Better Bluetooth usage... the ability to send things (photos/videos) via Bluetooth... ability to have apps that utilize Bluetooth for messaging... better pairing with other phones via Bluetooth.. for example the ability to give access for paired device to browse folders remotely

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99