[How-to] Switch COMPLETELY from Gmail to Outlook/Live.com

salship

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
i dont exactly know the ins and outs of having a microsoft outlook account. did everything as suggested but my main microsoft account is still using my gmail.

Is there a way to merge my new microsoft outlook account with my old microsoft gmail account?

this way i dont have to re-buy all the apps ive purchased using the old microsoft gmail account.

EDIT: Found it guys. thanks.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The email don't get forwarded all the time. I check my Gmail account every few days and I see numerous emails/texts that never went to my Outlook and/or Hotmail account.

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just made the switch. Well, made a new outook.com account and have email forwarding from my two gmail addresses to that new account. We'll see how long I keep the gmail accounts, as I've also switched email info on all my web logins.

gjokic

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
please tell me how to import gmail accounts in Outlook.com but with conntact picture
every of my conntact have picture and if i do it this way picture are lost
please help
thanks

Abbas Natto

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a professional, but I would hope some one could double check my suggestions, Microsoft Accounts (outlook or hotmail) provide a way to link your contacts from other providers like facebook, linkedIn and Google, so you can link your Google contacts to your Microsoft account then that's it! then on your phone you just connect to you Microsoft account and it will show all of your Google contacts with out having the need to move or loose anything.
I tried this about a month a go and it worked but i removed it since i didn't need it, but now I think i'll have to do it again.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a professional, but I would hope some one could double check my suggestions, Microsoft Accounts (outlook or hotmail) provide a way to link your contacts from other providers like facebook, linkedIn and Google, so you can link your Google contacts to your Microsoft account then that's it! then on your phone you just connect to you Microsoft account and it will show all of your Google contacts with out having the need to move or loose anything.
I tried this about a month a go and it worked but i removed it since i didn't need it, but now I think i'll have to do it again.

It's called trueswitch, and it works FLAWLESSLY. It imports contacts, calendar, etc and automatically emails all of your contacts to notify them of the change, and gives the option to forward all your email to the new account for 90 days. I did it last night.

skiboysteve

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm wanting to get rid of my gmail because google killed EAS
I have all my contacts , calendar and email in google
I have Lumia 920
I have my M$ account tied to my google account
I have an outlook.com account
I apparently have a hotmail account that came with my M$ account, (my phone says so) but I don't know how this works or even what the address is.

Questions:
How to change my M$ account to JUST be tied to outlook.com? No more Gmail or hotmail. I'm trying to simplify here.
What's the best way to get my contacts, calendar, and email from Gmail to Outlook.com? I'm not convinced the CSV way is a good idea for contacts since you lose images. Does trueswitch do images?

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
One other bit not included in that tutorial I wish to add is if you happen to have an Xbox with an Xbox Live account. When you first set up your console and create a "Windows Live ID", you may have created an ID and subsequent Gamertag that is associated with another email address from a different provider, which the Windows Live ID system allows you to do. If you are someone who is fully throwing in your lot with Microsoft, doing all the stuff in Jakeeeee's tutorial and wish to change your Gamertag and Xbox Live account over as well, here's what you must do:

*You must first have created an Outlook/Live/Hotmail account which you already have if you have a Windows Phone. If you don't have one, create an account at http://signup.live.com

*Fire up your Xbox 360 and sign into your Xbox Live account.

*Go to "Settings", then go to "Account."

*Scroll right to Your Information and select "Account Security"

*Select "Change Windows Live ID" and go thru the steps.

**Notes:

* When you change your Microsoft account, your Microsoft Points are automatically transferred to the new Microsoft account.

* You can make only one Microsoft account change for a given gamertag every 30 days.

* You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox LIVE before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed since the gamertag was downloaded, you?ll get an error message.

* Before you can change the Microsoft account associated with a child account, you must provide the Microsoft account information for the adult account that has parental control.

* You can choose to require input of your Microsoft account password to sign in to Xbox LIVE. For more information on how to do this, see Password-protect your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you happen to see this Jakeeeee, you might add the Xbox as another section, especially if they make this a sticky eh :)

Drey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to have gchat contacts show up in messenger? If not, then there's no true way to switch over completely...

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Only thing keeping me from canceling my gmail account is the fact that I use Google Calendar and have a calendar shared with my girlfriend who has an Android phone. I've looked into it: it doesn't seem like you can add calendars other than Gmail calendars on Android.

Anyone got a solution for this?

Use an outlook and a gmail calender? Just means creating appointments twice on the phone if you create them that way.

I think that's what i'm going to have to do also because it won't let me rename my account for some reason. So the only option I have is using an alias for outlook emails and still using my gmail account which is tied to my microsoft accounts.

T850

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I am a wee bit perplexed...

I want to unlink my Gmail account to this phone, does this mean I have to do a hard reset on my phone also?
Can this be done in the settings section of the phone? Or should I do the volume down+power etc?

normz.muufin

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Right now I log in to my Windows account with my gmail and pw. I want to change the login from my Gmail to one of my newly created Outlook.com aliases am I able to do that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12