What 'cool' things can you do with a Windows Phone?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So...you're faced with the awkward situation if having to show off your phone.
Unfortunately, you don't know anything to show off.

Behold this thread! This thread is for you to show off the cool things you found out you could do with your phone!

First off: How to use your phone to [LINK=http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow/item/19397_Galaxy_S5_be_damned_how_to_mea.php]check your heart rate[/LINK]!

Well, I'm going to give you the opportunity to share other cool things you could do with a Windows Phone.
What can you do with a Windows Phone?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
first of awesome camera on my Lumia 920 , nokia re-focus app is the best to show in crowd , it works very smoothly and intelligently creates a bokeh effect ,
secondly I will demonstrate manual focus on nokia camera along with smarts hoot , motion focus ,etc. ;
coming back to windows phone OS , I will show how live tiles makes difference , they are widgets and icon and user can customize his/her phone ; one can also detect the phone from crowd ;)
the speed OS windows phone is major plus , it isn't resource hungry unlike others , people hub makes it easy for me to stay in touch with near & dear one , will show them how I create groups in contacts and pin them on my start screen for easy access , Facebook / twitter is deeply integrated in windows phone +1 here ;)
here maps works very well for me , and they are offline to so I can use them in my car (I don't have a gps system in my dad's car so my device guides me very well in unknown area)
Bing search is great for instant search , including local scout, images and daily Bing images are gorgeous
different colours for live tiles , word flow in keyboard
nokia mix radio is perfect for me , I can easily download highly compressed songs , complete album of 15 songs downloaded in 20 seconds :D
there are many more factors I can show of :p

Slim Makay

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
First I will showoff my awesome nokia camera on my L520 and also awesome camera lense that I downloaded like, 1.) spaceselfie and 2.) sense the color... And I can showoff my instagram app, WWE channel, and flappy bird which they don't know is a clone... My android and iPhone loving friends all love these...hehehe

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Imaging, Social Integration are the hottest points for WP. LiveTiles are a matter of preference. Toast notifs are great cause they don't block too much of your view or distract you.

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have used wp8 for a year now and I besides clearblack I haven't found anything wp8 can do that my android cannot.

On low priced devices the wp8 feels faster (but again the os is more simple which can be good for many)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

se7en20

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I'll just unlock my phone and put it on the table. The metro UI is cool enough to stand out among the iphone and android crowd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb