Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. mmaman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
       #1  
    It literally has everything I asked for in WP! Higher res, memory, dual core, seems apps are coming along nicely, hopefully WP8 has a bunch of software enchantments that they haven't said yet. I love my iPhone and will keep it as well but this is what I have been waiting for!

    Lets just hope more people start to give WP a try!
  2. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #2  
    Heck yeah, I'm ready! I honestly wasn't expecting expandable storage so I was pleasantly surprised. Huge news. I can't wait to see the hardware!
  3. mmaman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Heck yeah, I'm ready! I honestly wasn't expecting expandable storage so I was pleasantly surprised. Huge news. I can't wait to see the hardware!
    **** yea! One of my biggest complaints was 16gb only, that just would NOT cut it for me, I need at least 32gb up, now with MicroSD all I need is a 32gb card.......or 64gb!! o_0
  4. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaman View Post
    **** yea! One of my biggest complaints was 16gb only, that just would NOT cut it for me, I need at least 32gb up, now with MicroSD all I need is a 32gb card.......or 64gb!! o_0
    Seriously. Until this day I was considering switching to iOS in the fall, but not anymore. I got what I hoped from the announcement: a feeling that I can safely stay with WP ;)
  5. mmaman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Seriously. Until this day I was considering switching to iOS in the fall, but not anymore. I got what I hoped from the announcement: a feeling that I can safely stay with WP ;)
    I actually tried a while back to go to WP7 with the lumia 800 and couldnt do it, for hardware and software reasons, Im not saying i'll give up my iPhone, I have too much invested in it and love it but I want another phone on the side, either Android or WP, looks like WP is gonna be my pick.
  6. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaman View Post
    I actually tried a while back to go to WP7 with the lumia 800 and couldnt do it, for hardware and software reasons, Im not saying i'll give up my iPhone, I have too much invested in it and love it but I want another phone on the side, either Android or WP, looks like WP is gonna be my pick.
    To that I say that you made the right pick going WP8. Android will feel pain from this one in the long term. Trust me.
  7. pedenske's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    #7  
    Not to mention they said that they were talking mostly about platform features and not the all of the end user features.
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) -> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) -> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M) -> Nokia Lumia 520-> Nokia Lumia 625
  8. soulzero's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #8  
    But Still Nothing about Notifications, or a Notification Center Though...
  9. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzero View Post
    But Still Nothing about Notifications, or a Notification Center Though...
    Nothing...yet. They specifically said they wouldn't DISCUSS a lot of the end user features. They're saving that for a later date. That's a good plan. They don't want Android or iOS copying the good stuff so easily.
  10. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,858 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Nothing...yet. They specifically said they wouldn't DISCUSS a lot of the end user features. They're saving that for a later date. That's a good plan. They don't want Android or iOS copying the good stuff so easily.
    Which will be greeted with much bowing and scraping from sites like the verge who will proclaim that their favourite OS did it first and will ALWAYS forget to mention that same feature when doing a WP review.
  11. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #11  
    While I'm definitely leaving iOS due to the fact that I've grown sick of Apple's business practices, I'll be moving to Android next as I've pre-ordered the Galaxy S III. However, I will be looking long and hard at WP8 when more details are released and would not hesitate to switch if it wows me. Just like others, I'm stoked by what was revealed today and will wait (im)patiently to see how the user experience is enhanced.
  12. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #12  
    I'm not ready until I see a kick *** phone. Current phones are weaksauce
  13. InfectedPhreak's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    154 Posts
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I'm not ready until I see a kick *** phone. Current phones are weaksauce
    I have to agree, though my contract for the Big Red is out in October and I'll never have another cell phone again until I can start paying for my own... as it stands there really isn't a phone that says "THROW YOUR MONEY AT ME"... The L900 had that glimmer, but now with WP8 and the new hardware infrastructure... Just got to see the next generation phones.
  14. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #14  
    I'm glad there's some positivity.
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  15. Wobjoi's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    34 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    I'm glad there's some positivity.
    I think to many people read between the lines and hear what they don't want to hear re the WP7.8 news and then get to worked up about it. WP8 will be great, it along with all the other things comming like W8. Personally I'm looking forward to getting a kick *** WP8 phone, tablet and uprading my laptop to W8 and have one uniform experience between them all.

    As for WP7.8, well I am sure that it will have as many features as the current platform and hardware will support. I believe it will still be a feature rich device and can still hold it's own amongst it's competitors, just have to wait for MS to reveal all.
  16. baseballbert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,556 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,994 Global Posts
    #16  
    Its funny how the reaction to IOS 6 (jeers) and WP 8 (cheers) is so different!

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
  17. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    Its funny how the reaction to IOS 6 (jeers) and WP 8 (cheers) is so different!

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    iOS 6 provided nothing exciting. **** I jeered LOL
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  18. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    #18  
    If Microsoft can sell me on the home screen when I see it in person, yes please. If not, they better give me back my offset tiles.
  19. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,704 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    If Microsoft can sell me on the home screen when I see it in person, yes please. If not, they better give me back my offset tiles.
    you're perfectly fine. you can change the homescreen size
  20. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    you're perfectly fine. you can change the homescreen size
    I find the small tiles to be too small, while the medium tiles are now too big (as they stretch across the whole screen). I'm going to have to be convinced that a chaotic layout of small, medium and large will work out.
  21. blehblehbleh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    571 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    I find the small tiles to be too small, while the medium tiles are now too big (as they stretch across the whole screen). I'm going to have to be convinced that a chaotic layout of small, medium and large will work out.
    First question you gotta ask yourself is how much stuff will I pin on the Start screen? I have faith it'll work. Besides, be glad now that you got the double wide tile.

Posting Permissions