So, when's the next WP8 preview with more info?

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
So seeing as this preview was not really what people wanted to see, when is the next preview coming? I think this last preview was not what most people wanted to see and or know, and with all the uproar we need to see the rest at some point relatively soon.

I know there was suppose to be a two day preview at some point, and I think this is what most people are more interested in. Any info on when we will finally see more of the finished product and actually get the SDK released so Devs can start making some awesome apps so they can be ready at WP8 launch?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IDK, but would like to know as well.

I'm really curious As to how they are going to handle multitasking in WP8? I didn't really like the mango "cards" to swap apps. It just seemed stale from the start, kind of like an afterthought. Not sure if it was the solid color background (maybe show your lock screen picture in background?), the fact that most apps had to reload anyway or the fact that 9 out of 10 times all my "cards" were showing different text threads instead of different apps. Oh, and if your going to use a card view, please add the swipe up to dismiss an app. It just feels natural after having used webOS, heck I've seen it used on android as well.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Next month I think. This was mostly stuff to get developers excited to make apps for wp8. They will be one for regular users after that. At least that was how mango worked.

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Next month I think. This was mostly stuff to get developers excited to make apps for wp8. They will be one for regular users after that. At least that was how mango worked.

Yeah, and I think the average user totally missed that they were not the audience being catered to at this event.

The next event cannot come fast enough now.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I want to see this as well. What I'm excited for though, is to see the next batch of Nokia devices. Particularly to see a Windows Phone PureView device

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Personally I only want two things.

1-That crazy looking Pureview phone coming to every carrier.
2-Major fixes to the Keyboard. They need to handle multiple languages at the same time instead of toggling, is a nightmare for Spanglish speakers like myself.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Personally I only want two things.

1-That crazy looking Pureview phone coming to every carrier.
2-Major fixes to the Keyboard. They need to handle multiple languages at the same time instead of toggling, is a nightmare for Spanglish speakers like myself.

What exactly are you needing the keyboard to do? I can get all the Spanish special characters if I hold down on the keys of the keyboard. I was also able to type some Spanish without it autocorrecting to an English word, even on words that were very close to English words.

EDIT: And for the record, if you are talking about that PureView Windows Phone "concept" that "leaked" a few months back, I hope beyond hope that it was fake. That thing was AWFUL!!!! I'd still buy it cause of the camera, but I would feel like an idiot carrying something so ugly. I feel like anyone would look like a total tool carrying it. I want something that looks exactly like the 808, maybe with a smaller bump if they can manage it by then, if not, I'd take a direct port of the device no complaints.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I want the keyboard to cover all the space in landscape, there's two big bars on the corners that have no business in there.

The toggle is awkwardly placed between space and dot, two of the buttons you press the most and It keep pressing it by mistake.

Is annoying having to keep switching between languages, I can be texting a friend in Spanish then using the web in English. Also I use lots of English words with my Spanish friends and I have to keep toggling. There is no way, they can't support more than one language at the same time.

The shift-enter button needs to even go or be replaced, it works better when it has the arrow pointing right like on the search. The shift button makes me mad because it either's gives you a space or works as enter. And that changes depending on the site you are visiting, it makes browsing needlessly complicated.

Why doesn't the best keyboard (the one that has a good enter button and @/.com as keys when you are going to log in on a site? My browser keeps deleting my history so I need to log in in multiple sites daily and it gets tiring).

As someone that replaced his computer with a Windows Phone, I don't understand the praise the keyboard gets,I want it to be better and they can do that with an update, is not crazy to want something to be better instead of just letting the things stay the same way.

The pureview phone looks amazing for me and choices are always nice, It looks like a phone not a tiny TV. I like that.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope they wait until phones are ready to be released since this update is meaningless without new hardware. I wouldn't want them to have a big event/announcement with the dreaded 'coming months.' I'd prefer an event that unveils WP8 along with release phones (2 or 3 from each carrier?) with a 'shipping today' or next week type of announcement.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I know people have short attention spans but it's really not that far away. Apple are the only people that are great at announcing something and then shortly releasing it. What I'm crossing fingers on is that they'll send out an update before all this hardware comes out

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
So seeing as this preview was not really what people wanted to see, when is the next preview coming? I think this last preview was not what most people wanted to see and or know, and with all the uproar we need to see the rest at some point relatively soon.

I know there was suppose to be a two day preview at some point, and I think this is what most people are more interested in. Any info on when we will finally see more of the finished product and actually get the SDK released so Devs can start making some awesome apps so they can be ready at WP8 launch?
At this point I've grown weary of wondering about it since I really don't think I'll be getting the device I want (Padfone) or anything like it. Even if someone does make one I doubt the "Maybe some day!" network will offer it. :dry

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
July 20 something? I'm interested in how the main cores of the phone get updated. In Mango messaging/people's hub got updates so great that changed them from barely used to main event for me.

I want that for pictures etc..

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
My bet is August when WP8 goes RTM, then they will do a full release preview of the OS + discuss launch phones from other providers for the 4Q time frame.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
when is the build conference anyways? last year it was Sept... i hope it's earlier this year, and with wp8 release the week after :p

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa