Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hi,

I've seen various references (and a youtube video) of being able to click on the location set in a calendar appointment and it opening Maps.

This does not work for me. No matter what address I put in the Location field, I can not click on it from the Calender. I have tried UK addresses (where I live) and I have also tried a US address (Microsoft's address in Redmond) and nothing I do works.

Is this a US only feature or something? Bing is able to recognise UK addresses, so I dont know why that would be the case.

Are there any UK users that have this feature working?

My phone is a Lumia 800.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Does nobody have any ideas on this?

Am I missing something obvious, or is calendar/maps integration not available in the UK for some reason?

If it's not, I would like to know for sure, so that I can stop wasting time trying to find the answer!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartbritt View Post
    Does nobody have any ideas on this?

Am I missing something obvious, or is calendar/maps integration not available in the UK for some reason?

If it's not, I would like to know for sure, so that I can stop wasting time trying to find the answer!

Not sure how it works, seemed to just work for me. HTC TITAN bought and used in UK. It definitely works in the UK I'll give you that much.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Ok, thanks for that.
    Would you mind posting an example of an address that works for you...a direct cut and paste from the location field, so I can double check?

Are there any lumia 800 users who have this working?
    For me, any strings of digits are underlined and it treats them as a phone number, but addresses just don't work at all :(

I usually put the name of the place in the location field and place the address in the notes section of the appointment. The address is clickable and takes you to Maps.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    So I tried the notes field as well, and it still does not work for me.
    I've tried every variation of address format I can think of. I've tried ir in different calendars, I've tried changing my region settings to US (just in case)
    I've rebooted... Twice.
    And nothing. Any address I put in the calendar location or notes field is just text and cannot be clicked on.

This is driving me mad now...

That's unfortunate. I just added an address to the location and it works great! Didn't realize I could do that...

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    So I tried the notes field as well, and it still does not work for me.
    I've tried every variation of address format I can think of. I've tried ir in different calendars, I've tried changing my region settings to US (just in case)
    I've rebooted... Twice.
    And nothing. Any address I put in the calendar location or notes field is just text and cannot be clicked on.

This is driving me mad now...

Had no idea this functionality was available but tried it and it didn't work for me (I'm in Australia).

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any theories here? Anything we could try?
    Are there any lumia 800 owners for who this works?
    Any suggestions or thoughts, no matter how vague or implausible, greatly received!

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    So my latest thinking is that it's the lumia 800 that is the problem here.

People on this thread have confirmed it works in the UK, but the only mention of device is HTC.
    I have a friend with a lumia 800, but on the O2 network (I'm on Three), and he doesn't have the feature either, so ita unlikely to be the network.

If you're a lumia 800 owner reading this, could you please check and let us know whether it works for you?

So my latest thinking is that it's the lumia 800 that is the problem here.

People on this thread have confirmed it works in the UK, but the only mention of device is HTC.
    I have a friend with a lumia 800, but on the O2 network (I'm on Three), and he doesn't have the feature either, so ita unlikely to be the network.

If you're a lumia 800 owner reading this, could you please check and let us know whether it works for you?

Lumia 800, O2, haven't had the linked addresses in calendar either.