WP7 Zune Reserved Space

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody give me an instructional explanation on how this thing works?

I find that the reserved space may be a tad too high

I have 2 gigs of vids
1 gig of pics
I think OS takes up about 3 gigs

Then it says 5 gigs is reserved or other content
and then 4 of free space.

the 5 gigs i believe are apps/games?

Is it normal for apps/games taking up 5 gigs? I dont have a lot of those.

I have the reserved % down to 0 % on zune

Is there a way to identify what is in this reserved other content space?

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I was asking because that's what happened to me. I had a huge reserved space (which by the way you can't get a detail of) because I had sync'ed both under Win7 and Win8. What I did to bring the reserved space back to a more reasonable size is to go into settings, erase data (which is music, pics and videos - make sure you backup all that) and "forget the phones" then re-sync and retrieved my backed up data.

It's a pain but I haven't found a better solution yet.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I was asking because that's what happened to me. I had a huge reserved space (which by the way you can't get a detail of) because I had sync'ed both under Win7 and Win8. What I did to bring the reserved space back to a more reasonable size is to go into settings, erase data (which is music, pics and videos - make sure you backup all that) and "forget the phones" then re-sync and retrieved my backed up data.

It's a pain but I haven't found a better solution yet.

THanks for the tip, i just recently upgraded to the wp8 preview.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Erased all content and forgot phone, reconnected phone so there was no media on the phone - music, pics, vids..

So basically, it only showed reserved and all other content and it was still about 5 gigs with 7 free space so the different of 4 gigs i am assuming is software, so there is still quite a lot in that section...cant imagine any of my apps being that big...

I also put the reserve to 0%

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you still have access to your Win7 partition? If so, repeat the process under Win7. It's very possible that's what your PC is reading (ie your current reserved space + the old one created under Win7).

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
No, i dont have it partitioned...

I just added my pictures back and my reserve decrease and my free available space increased. Gosh, i hope they get rid of this reserved space BS for wp8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo