Waiting for the next Nokia device!

aaronchow

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Wonder what the next Nokia WP8 device will look like. Do you think it will have a complete Nokia customized experience build into the system? And I definitely hope the 41 megapixel camera will make it there... :)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Wonder what the next Nokia WP8 device will look like. Do you think it will have a complete Nokia customized experience build into the system? And I definitely hope the 41 megapixel camera will make it there... :)
I would love 2 have a purview device. But I don't expect t to be 41mp I think 30 is reasonable. But they should add pure view tech to all their devices. 12mp low end model. 30mp mid range and 41-50mp for high end :)

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I think it's going to take a while for them to adapt PureView on WP for the simple reason that if they come up with WP with a big buldge in the back, no one will buy them.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it's going to take a while for them to adapt PureView on WP for the simple reason that if they come up with WP with a big buldge in the back, no one will buy them.

Yea gud point. But I think a 30mp phone would gain a lot of traction. But I think Nokia would just place the camera close behind the screen as possible and make it the same size as the Nokia lumia's right now

Last edited:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Yea gud point. But I think a 30mp phone would gain a lot of traction. But I think Nokia would just the camera close behind the screen as possible and make it the same size as the Nokia lumia's right now

Whatever they do, with the PureView and RichRecording technology up their sleeves, they ought to blow away the competition. The quality of Lumia cameras is pathetic considering what they're capable of.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

That and there's a bunch of hardware that goes a long with it, it has it's own image processing unit I believe, it's not just a matter of sticking the camera in there. It has to be worked into the logic board, support written for WP 8 etc.

I don't think we're going to see it rolling out in the first round of WP8 phones. But if we don't have it in a year or so I'd be surprised.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I think we'll see the first PureViews be similar to the N8, a scaled down 12 or 16MP version that won't make the phone exceptionally thicker. Will still be a crazy good camera.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia should put the nail in the coffin.

I would defiantly release 4 devices

1. Hardware keyboard based device similar to Blackberries
2. Touch device 4.2 Lumia 900 re-design
3. 7 inch tablet to fight the Galaxy Nexus and Playbook
4. Pureview

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I would love 2 have a purview device. But I don't expect t to be 41mp I think 30 is reasonable. But they should add pure view tech to all their devices. 12mp low end model. 30mp mid range and 41-50mp for high end :)

the thing is, pureview depends on the 41mp for the processing and zooming, i think if they can half the size of the sensor and stick it in a low end phone should be pretty good too

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
My bet is that they release an initial mid-end version with higher end coming later.

Just like how the 900 was released much later than their initial 710

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I want a pure view device, but if Nokia doesn't bring the same exact camera of the 808 counterpart they can go to the deepest part of H.ell. I'm not having another N9/800 situation and I'm tired of waiting for a Nokia device with a good camera. They promise that to us and failed to deliver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6