Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mdameron
  • 2 Post By socialcarpet

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Battery life as percentage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Obi Juan View Post
    Battery life as percentage?
    not sure if this is a the biggest question but nobody has seen windows 8 devices yet so we don't know.

I find the biggest question to be how many apps will be Windows phone 8 only.

Global Posts
    1,442 Global Posts
    Screenshot > % battery life

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I have checked battery life 100x more than I've wanted to take a screenshot or opened all 3rd party apps combined.
    TGBmark1234 likes this.

Customizable notification center (including battery %).

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Hey I want a screenshot feature, LOL!
    Why as a percentage? I like it how it is.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    Screenshot > % battery life
    Really?

I don't get why people have such a hard on about screenshots.

Do you write weekly app reviews for your blog?

Do you want to post funny text conversations on Damn You Autocorrect?

What the **** else does someone need this feature for?

Honestly, I'm really curious, because I think I've wanted to do a screenshot exactly once, ever and it was for a stupid reason and I got over it.

What are you guys doing with screenshots that it's such a requested feature? I'm baffled.
    Mystictrust and mdameron like this.
  9. AzD

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Because when you want it you'll be glad its there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Still, it's several orders of magnitude less used than glances at battery life.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AzD View Post
    Because when you want it you'll be glad its there.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    Sure, its nice to have.

That doesn't answer my question though. Why are people making such a big deal about it? What on earth are they using it for?

I'm really curious. Aside from doing a review of an app, I honestly cannot think of any other use at all.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    A percentage would be nice as would screenshots. If Windows Phone 8 is truely built off of Windows 8 then I don't think it would be hard to implement (screenshots that is) as for the percentages I don't know if we will ever see that.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Sure, its nice to have.

That doesn't answer my question though. Why are people making such a big deal about it? What on earth are they using it for?

I'm really curious. Aside from doing a review of an app, I honestly cannot think of any other use at all.
    Aside from using it for app reviews and other articles, I have sent a fair number of screenshots to developers to help solve a problem. You know that, "a picture tells a 1000 words" thing. Have also used screenshots to capture a moment in time, demonstrate how I have set something up, or forwarded an image that can't be easily saved to my phone. So yeah, I would put it in my top 5 requested features. Glad I am dev unlocked.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
  14. AzD

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Sure, its nice to have.

Well to each his own, but I use screen shots fairly frequently when I see funny or goofy stuff I want to share on Facebook or via messaging. Not all the time, and and you can certainly live without it, but when you have it you tend to use it. At least I do.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Now, how many times do you want to know exactly how much battery that app or gaming or internet session took?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Aside from using it for app reviews and other articles, I have sent a fair number of screenshots to developers to help solve a problem. You know that, "a picture tells a 1000 words" thing. Have also used screenshots to capture a moment in time, demonstrate how I have set something up, or forwarded an image that can't be easily saved to my phone. So yeah, I would put it in my top 5 requested features. Glad I am dev unlocked.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    OK, I can see that.

Just doesn't seem like it would be a top 5 feature for so many people. I'm always surprised at how many people have it way up high in their wish lists.
  17. AzD

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Probably because it seems like a pretty basic function.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    It's already been done on XDA (unfortunately, it's only in 5% increments and seems to be occasionally off compared to the battery saver reading). Microsoft should add it as an option, especially on the WXGA & 720p devices that will have enough pixels to produce a nice percentage within the battery icon.

What the **** else does someone need this feature for?
    I've probably taken a hundred screenshots. I took many in preparation for an article I ended up stalling on, I sometimes send screenshots of funny things I see that wouldn't translate over to a link, and it's sure as **** useful when you're trying to convey a point across on a forum or to a developer you're giving feedback to.

I have no problem with you seeing no need for screenshots, and I definitely don't see it as important as a battery percentage, but it's plain wrong that this forum sees it fit to support those who are vocal about reducing choices and disregarding the individual needs of others. Cut the fanboyism or we're going to end up with another Windows Mobile fiasco.

EDIT: WPCentral staff, you should cut out the oversensitive swear filter. It makes things look worse than they are - I typed the opposite of heaven and got four asterisks that are commonly used to denote the f word.
    Last edited by AngryNil; 07-03-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    I like it for sharing portions of conversations. It's also a nice way to share a portion of a web page. I have literally never once checked my battery life to see the %. I have however, many many times, wanted to take a screen shot.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    I like to show off my homescreen. That'd be a nice feature
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...