Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By palandri

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I am looking forward to NFC and the wallet experience in WP8. I have a question that I hope someone on here can help me with. If I am a Sprint customer (don't use SIMs) how will using a secure SIM work on Sprint or Verizon network?? Microsoft is opting to save info on the SIM instead of on the phone.

Not sure about Sprint offhand, but on Verizon, I'm sure all new WP8 devices will be LTE and LTE uses a SIM card similar to GSM (LTE is next-gen GSM).

4G SIM Information
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    im thinking 3 things.

1. you wont have access to does features.
    2. Is your carrier planing on updating to HSPA or LTE?

3. they have a workaround for CDMA phones. ( witch i wouldn't be surprised considering the ASIAN market = MOSTLY CDMA ) and CDMA phones are more secured then SIM phoens as well as they are easy to block.

kinda hard to tell right now with lack of information from MS/carriers
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,383 Global Posts
    A lot of Asian CDMA phones have a SIM type card so they can change carriers. (China is a prime example here)

I am still real hesitant on using NFC. :D
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    selfcreation likes this.