Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    hey guys. When do you guys think wp8 actually is comin out. I am not even sure. Is it november,october or september?.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    My guess would be November. That's when the first Gen phones came out and I believe, a year later, that's when the 2nd Gen phones first came out too.

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    My guess would be November. That's when the first Gen phones came out and I believe, a year later, that's when the 2nd Gen phones first came out too.
    I thought da first ones came out. No wait dat's in nz. We got it earlier 21 October 2010

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    I thought da first ones came out. No wait dat's in nz. We got it earlier 21 October 2010
    I think you're right. I think we in the US had to wait till November? I dunno. Maybe I'm getting old.

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    I think you're right. I think we in the US had to wait till November? I dunno. Maybe I'm getting old.
    I really think it's October for nz again. November for da US. So sad if that happened again? I get to see it first then? 17 days earlier :-D

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    It'd be nice if a WP8 phone comes out before iPhone 5.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    It'd be nice if a WP8 phone comes out before iPhone 5.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Agreed

It will be October at the earliest with most probably hitting by November. Who knows though, maybe we'll get surprised at it will come a little sooner.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Windows Phone as a platform is going to be bleeding between the official 'no upgrade to 8' announcement and Windows Phone 8 general availability. If Nokia is indeed about to release bad Q2 numbers, they don't need an even grimmer Q3.

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMills View Post
    Windows Phone as a platform is going to be bleeding between the official 'no upgrade to 8' announcement and Windows Phone 8 general availability. If Nokia is indeed about to release bad Q2 numbers, they don't need an even grimmer Q3.
    Um no it won't be bleeding.stop being childish
    In the fall, that's all we need to know.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Before BB10

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    There was an article here at WPC or WMPU that sales have held strong since the announcement of 7.8 and no upgrade to 8 So such talk is premature at best. No need to turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Before BB10

Windows Phone 10 will be released before BB10. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if RIM goes under before they even ship BB10 devices honestly. :unsure:

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    There was an article here at WPC or WMPU that sales have held strong since the announcement of 7.8 and no upgrade to 8 So such talk is premature at best. No need to turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy!
    Anything would just be grasping at straws. No reputable company could have numbers of the current sales except for the companies themselves...and they don't seem to be releasing those numbers.

Numbers out today are from June 10th at the latest.

Android rules U.S. and Europe smartphone sales | Mobile - CNET News

But, the dead honest truth is the general public does not care if their phone updates.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    it's taking forever! I feel like wp8 will never get here

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corn.chowder View Post
    it's taking forever! I feel like wp8 will never get here
    Not really September is the announcement of wp8 devices. Same thing for wp7.5 phones

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Not really September is the announcement of wp8 devices. Same thing for wp7.5 phones
    September! It is only July now. It really feels forever. :lol:

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myfyp2 View Post
    September! It is only July now. It really feels forever. :lol:
    You only got 2 months left for Samsung, huawei, htc and the creative and different Nokia to announce their phones.

This is how I do it

3 or 2 Samsung's. Wp s3 and maybe a galaxy ace plus wp and a large galaxy mini 2 like wp

Maybe Samsung could do a hexa core s3 with a better resoulution than the s3

3 htc's. Wp one x, one s and one v wp

3 Nokia's pureview, mid range, and low end,
    1.7GHz quad-core
    1.5GHz dual core
    1GHz dual core low end

And maybe 2 huawei ascends wp
    Ascend p1s wp
    Ascend d quad wp

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    My sentiment exactly.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    You only got 2 months left for Samsung, huawei, htc and the creative and different Nokia to announce their phones.

This is how I do it

3 or 2 Samsung's. Wp s3 and maybe a galaxy ace plus wp and a large galaxy mini 2 like wp

Maybe Samsung could do a hexa core s3 with a better resoulution than the s3

3 htc's. Wp one x, one s and one v wp

3 Nokia's pureview, mid range, and low end,
    1.7GHz quad-core
    1.5GHz dual core
    1GHz dual core low end

And maybe 2 huawei ascends wp
    Ascend p1s wp
    Ascend d quad wp

The real question for me is..what is Verizon getting? If we get shafted again I may need to reevaluate either carrier or OS. :(

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corn.chowder View Post
    The real question for me is..what is Verizon getting? If we get shafted again I may need to reevaluate either carrier or OS. :(
    likely a htc one x and a pureview. But hey nokia has 6 phones on wp8 line soon

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Listen, it is very, very, very much in my interest as someone who is basically drowning in MS certs that MS do well with Windows 8 everything. However, I'm not going to be like Apple fans and give them a free pass. We need those WP8s and we need them, well, we needed them a year or two ago, but ASAP *might* work. Some people might not care if MS gets a decent marketshare, but I sure as **** do.

I can't go forward with a small marketshare product for long. Sooner or later, people above me not in IT will demand explanations. I personally think that WP8 will integrate far better into our existing infrastructure, but today we live in a world where know-nothing higher ups can force the IT department to do it their way.

My biggest worry isn't quality of the product. My biggest worry is that MS still underestimates the type of marketing push Windows 8 as a whole needs.

If I were MS, I'd pull out all the stops this time. I think their future depends on it.

People need to want this product just as bad, or worst, than they ever wanted an iPhone. Brainwash away MS PR department. We're going to need it.

Note - I personally love Windows Phone 8. I just think we're starting to get past the days where 'Just having a quality product' is good enough, or where products marketshare is based on quality at all.

Ok enough ramble. I'm a freaking hater ( obviously ) :dry

Global Posts
    2,271 Global Posts
    Listen, it is very, very, very much in my interest as someone who is basically drowning in MS certs that MS do well with Windows 8 everything. However, I'm not going to be like Apple fans and give them a free pass. We need those WP8s and we need them, well, we needed them a year or two ago, but ASAP *might* work. Some people might not care if MS gets a decent marketshare, but I sure as **** do.

I can't go forward with a small marketshare product for long. Sooner or later, people above me not in IT will demand explanations. I personally think that WP8 will integrate far better into our existing infrastructure, but today we live in a world where know-nothing higher ups can force the IT department to do it their way.

My biggest worry isn't quality of the product. My biggest worry is that MS still underestimates the type of marketing push Windows 8 as a whole needs.

If I were MS, I'd pull out all the stops this time. I think their future depends on it.

People need to want this product just as bad, or worst, than they ever wanted an iPhone. Brainwash away MS PR department. We're going to need it.

Note - I personally love Windows Phone 8. I just think we're starting to get past the days where 'Just having a quality product' is good enough, or where products marketshare is based on quality at all.

Ok enough ramble. I'm a freaking hater ( obviously ) :dry
    yea. dude we hate you :P
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I'm thinking December-January. We have too little news for an October launch, there's no beta either.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast