Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    hey guys. When do you guys think wp8 actually is comin out. I am not even sure. Is it november,october or september?.
  2. ninjaap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,512 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    My guess would be November. That's when the first Gen phones came out and I believe, a year later, that's when the 2nd Gen phones first came out too.
  3. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    My guess would be November. That's when the first Gen phones came out and I believe, a year later, that's when the 2nd Gen phones first came out too.
    I thought da first ones came out. No wait dat's in nz. We got it earlier 21 October 2010
  4. ninjaap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,512 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    I thought da first ones came out. No wait dat's in nz. We got it earlier 21 October 2010
    I think you're right. I think we in the US had to wait till November? I dunno. Maybe I'm getting old.
  5. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    I think you're right. I think we in the US had to wait till November? I dunno. Maybe I'm getting old.
    I really think it's October for nz again. November for da US. So sad if that happened again? I get to see it first then? 17 days earlier :-D
  6. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    It'd be nice if a WP8 phone comes out before iPhone 5.

    Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
  7. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    It'd be nice if a WP8 phone comes out before iPhone 5.

    Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Agreed
  8. fwaits's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    876 Posts
    Global Posts
    971 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    It will be October at the earliest with most probably hitting by November. Who knows though, maybe we'll get surprised at it will come a little sooner.
  9. BrandonMills's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Windows Phone as a platform is going to be bleeding between the official 'no upgrade to 8' announcement and Windows Phone 8 general availability. If Nokia is indeed about to release bad Q2 numbers, they don't need an even grimmer Q3.
  10. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMills View Post
    Windows Phone as a platform is going to be bleeding between the official 'no upgrade to 8' announcement and Windows Phone 8 general availability. If Nokia is indeed about to release bad Q2 numbers, they don't need an even grimmer Q3.
    Um no it won't be bleeding.stop being childish
  11. eric12341's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,635 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,641 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    In the fall, that's all we need to know.
  12. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    6,129 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,178 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Before BB10

  13. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,648 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMills View Post
    Windows Phone as a platform is going to be bleeding between the official 'no upgrade to 8' announcement and Windows Phone 8 general availability. If Nokia is indeed about to release bad Q2 numbers, they don't need an even grimmer Q3.
    There was an article here at WPC or WMPU that sales have held strong since the announcement of 7.8 and no upgrade to 8 So such talk is premature at best. No need to turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy!
  14. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    Before BB10

    Windows Phone 10 will be released before BB10. :lol:

    It wouldn't surprise me if RIM goes under before they even ship BB10 devices honestly. :unsure:
  15. Curtieson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,375 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    There was an article here at WPC or WMPU that sales have held strong since the announcement of 7.8 and no upgrade to 8 So such talk is premature at best. No need to turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy!
    Anything would just be grasping at straws. No reputable company could have numbers of the current sales except for the companies themselves...and they don't seem to be releasing those numbers.

    Numbers out today are from June 10th at the latest.

    Android rules U.S. and Europe smartphone sales | Mobile - CNET News

    But, the dead honest truth is the general public does not care if their phone updates.
  16. corn_chowder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    it's taking forever! I feel like wp8 will never get here
  17. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by corn.chowder View Post
    it's taking forever! I feel like wp8 will never get here
    Not really September is the announcement of wp8 devices. Same thing for wp7.5 phones
  18. myfyp2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Not really September is the announcement of wp8 devices. Same thing for wp7.5 phones
    September! It is only July now. It really feels forever. :lol:
  19. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by myfyp2 View Post
    September! It is only July now. It really feels forever. :lol:
    You only got 2 months left for Samsung, huawei, htc and the creative and different Nokia to announce their phones.

    This is how I do it

    3 or 2 Samsung's. Wp s3 and maybe a galaxy ace plus wp and a large galaxy mini 2 like wp

    Maybe Samsung could do a hexa core s3 with a better resoulution than the s3

    3 htc's. Wp one x, one s and one v wp

    3 Nokia's pureview, mid range, and low end,
    1.7GHz quad-core
    1.5GHz dual core
    1GHz dual core low end

    And maybe 2 huawei ascends wp
    Ascend p1s wp
    Ascend d quad wp
  20. jfa1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,565 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,648 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    My sentiment exactly.
  21. corn_chowder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    You only got 2 months left for Samsung, huawei, htc and the creative and different Nokia to announce their phones.

    This is how I do it

    3 or 2 Samsung's. Wp s3 and maybe a galaxy ace plus wp and a large galaxy mini 2 like wp

    Maybe Samsung could do a hexa core s3 with a better resoulution than the s3

    3 htc's. Wp one x, one s and one v wp

    3 Nokia's pureview, mid range, and low end,
    1.7GHz quad-core
    1.5GHz dual core
    1GHz dual core low end

    And maybe 2 huawei ascends wp
    Ascend p1s wp
    Ascend d quad wp

    The real question for me is..what is Verizon getting? If we get shafted again I may need to reevaluate either carrier or OS. :(
  22. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by corn.chowder View Post
    The real question for me is..what is Verizon getting? If we get shafted again I may need to reevaluate either carrier or OS. :(
    likely a htc one x and a pureview. But hey nokia has 6 phones on wp8 line soon
  23. BrandonMills's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Listen, it is very, very, very much in my interest as someone who is basically drowning in MS certs that MS do well with Windows 8 everything. However, I'm not going to be like Apple fans and give them a free pass. We need those WP8s and we need them, well, we needed them a year or two ago, but ASAP *might* work. Some people might not care if MS gets a decent marketshare, but I sure as **** do.

    I can't go forward with a small marketshare product for long. Sooner or later, people above me not in IT will demand explanations. I personally think that WP8 will integrate far better into our existing infrastructure, but today we live in a world where know-nothing higher ups can force the IT department to do it their way.

    My biggest worry isn't quality of the product. My biggest worry is that MS still underestimates the type of marketing push Windows 8 as a whole needs.

    If I were MS, I'd pull out all the stops this time. I think their future depends on it.

    People need to want this product just as bad, or worst, than they ever wanted an iPhone. Brainwash away MS PR department. We're going to need it.

    Note - I personally love Windows Phone 8. I just think we're starting to get past the days where 'Just having a quality product' is good enough, or where products marketshare is based on quality at all.

    Ok enough ramble. I'm a freaking hater ( obviously ) :dry
  24. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,768 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMills View Post
    Listen, it is very, very, very much in my interest as someone who is basically drowning in MS certs that MS do well with Windows 8 everything. However, I'm not going to be like Apple fans and give them a free pass. We need those WP8s and we need them, well, we needed them a year or two ago, but ASAP *might* work. Some people might not care if MS gets a decent marketshare, but I sure as **** do.

    I can't go forward with a small marketshare product for long. Sooner or later, people above me not in IT will demand explanations. I personally think that WP8 will integrate far better into our existing infrastructure, but today we live in a world where know-nothing higher ups can force the IT department to do it their way.

    My biggest worry isn't quality of the product. My biggest worry is that MS still underestimates the type of marketing push Windows 8 as a whole needs.

    If I were MS, I'd pull out all the stops this time. I think their future depends on it.

    People need to want this product just as bad, or worst, than they ever wanted an iPhone. Brainwash away MS PR department. We're going to need it.

    Note - I personally love Windows Phone 8. I just think we're starting to get past the days where 'Just having a quality product' is good enough, or where products marketshare is based on quality at all.

    Ok enough ramble. I'm a freaking hater ( obviously ) :dry
    yea. dude we hate you :P
  25. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    I'm thinking December-January. We have too little news for an October launch, there's no beta either.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

";