Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Hey guys. It actually likely that Samsung will bring all of Samsung galaxy functionalities like s-voice to Samsung windows phone 8 devices?

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    No. OEMs are only allowed to build apps just like 3rd party developers, they are not allowed to muck around and change the core OS.

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagamer34 View Post
    No. OEMs are only allowed to build apps just like 3rd party developers, they are not allowed to muck around and change the core OS.
    No i'm saying S-voice and so on. on the Samsung Zone app store
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    if WP8 has the proper API's ( witch it should ) Samsung could in theory make does APPS.

will they do it? who knows
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    No i'm saying S-voice and so on. on the Samsung Zone app store
    S-voice is an Android specific app which relies heavily on Android and Google services to work, so I'd say no. That would be the last app I'd expect to see on a Samsung WP8 phone.

Microsoft will continue to expand the capabilities of TellMe though and you'll be able to do anything you can with S-Voice with TellMe before too long, just be patient.

I would expect Samsung to make some other cool OEM-specific apps for WP8 though, since they are heavily into the whole "differentiation" thing on the Android side. No crappy skins like TouchWiz because thankfully Microsoft protects us from system slowing garbage like that, but probably some other cool apps.