Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55
Like Tree21Likes
  1. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
       #1  
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general-discussion-f2/how-will-bb10-avoid-wp-fate-737091/

    They think wp is not gaining traction AT ALL. But that's not true actually bb is loosing it . Admit it crackberry fans.
    BB is loosing it. not Wp. Wp is gaining slowly at the moment but still gaining. But with Wp8 right around the corner. I have no doubt that Wp will gain tones of traction especially in RIM's heart.....Enterprise sector. With people still using BB's. But with Wp8. it has all of BB's features but better. I can really see Wp gaining alot of traction
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 07-28-2012 at 12:41 AM.
  2. sentimentGX4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,122 Global Posts
    #2  
    No one on Crackberry said Windows Phone is dying. The general consensus is that Windows Phone failed to gain significant traction, which is true, and that now Microsoft is sitting on its cash pile and watching grass grow, which is also true.

    A number of Crackberry forumers also admitted that there was real risk for the demise of Blackberry and acknowledge that that is a difference between Blackberry and Windows Phone.

    I'm a Windows Phone user and I'm skeptical of the future of Windows Phone myself. The only thing I know for certain is that Windows Phone won't be going anywhere and that Microsoft will continue throwing money.
  3. Kredrian's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #3  
    Well if Ms is just tossing money they can throw me some while they are at it.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    selfcreation likes this.
  4. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentimentgx4 View Post
    No one on Crackberry said Windows Phone is dying. The general consensus is that Windows Phone failed to gain significant traction, which is true, and that now Microsoft is sitting on its cash pile and watching grass grow, which is also true.

    A number of Crackberry forumers also admitted that there was real risk for the demise of Blackberry and acknowledge that that is a difference between Blackberry and Windows Phone.

    I'm a Windows Phone user and I'm skeptical of the future of Windows Phone myself. The only thing I know for certain is that Windows Phone won't be going anywhere and that Microsoft will continue throwing money.
    well Wp is the only OS surviving in a wave of IOS and android handsets. it's actually gaining Market Share and traction.
  5. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    #5  
    I don't see what you're trying to prove. There are many decent points shared there, along with a few less logical ones. Exactly the same can be said of WPCentral forum discussions.
  6. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    I don't see what you're trying to prove. There are many decent points shared there, along with a few less logical ones. Exactly the same can be said of WPCentral forum discussions.
    saying Wp is not gaining traction at all. is just dumb. It makes sense it's going slowly. but there are tones of IOS and android devices out there. it's at least better than loosing it. aren't I correct
  7. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    saying Wp is not gaining traction at all. is just dumb. It makes sense it's going slowly. but there are tones of IOS and android devices out there. it's at least better than loosing it. aren't I correct
    There are plenty of dumb comments here, too. What were you expecting the CrackBerry users to all say, that they were all switching to WP8 and BB is doomed? Windows Phone's traction is very low, too low to appear to be a legitimate choice for the average consumer.
    xmind likes this.
  8. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by irlju View Post
    There are plenty of dumb comments here, too. What were you expecting the CrackBerry users to all say, that they were all switching to WP8 and BB is doomed? Windows Phone's traction is very low, too low to appear to be a legitimate choice for the average consumer.
    do you have to be so ****en negative? oh god sakes man
    bear_lx likes this.
  9. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,955 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    #9  
    I've read that topic. But like irj said, it's the same here
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  10. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    566 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    #10  
    The thrust of that conversation is right - Microsoft and partners have spend billions to very limited impact, RIM is going to about to attempt the same thing but with far more constrained resources and BB10 is likely to fail in the market.

    Bottom line is that WP7 is an also-ran and there is a good chance that both BB10 and WP8 will be also-rans as well.
  11. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #11  
    They seem pretty level headed and presented some valid points. Don't be a fanboy Topic Creator.

    Both WP8 and OS10 have the same shot at becoming the "third OS".
    xmind likes this.
  12. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,319 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    They seem pretty level headed and presented some valid points. Don't be a fanboy Topic Creator.

    Both WP8 and OS10 have the same shot at becoming the "third OS".
    Let's not get carried away here.

    While WP hasn't gained much traction in the market, they are increasing in mind share. That will likely lead to steady growth until it gets to the sweet spot, where growth will increase dramatically.

    MS has the only 3rd ecosystem with the financial backing to handle growing the ecosystem while waiting for the sweet spot to come.
  13. sentimentGX4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,122 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Both WP8 and OS10 have the same shot at becoming the "third OS".
    I think most analysts and tech bloggers think WP8 has a much higher chance (or at least is here to stay).

    The only place where I hear anyone talk about BB10 is from places like Crackberry and there is heavy speculation at this point that the OS may never even make it to the market. BB10 is as good as vaporware so saying it has as much likeliness of success is really reaching. We know WP8 will make a fall debut.

    I personally don't understand all the hype built around BB10, anyways. Despite the fact that it might not even ever cone to exist, RIM's track record with touch screen devices is horrible. Look at the Torch or the Storm.
  14. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #14  
    Microsoft wish to have a renown product like Blackberries. The name Windows Phone instantly makes people defensive and RIM had a huge market share before, they can win it again. I wouldn't rule them out.
    xmind likes this.
  15. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Microsoft wish to have a renown product like Blackberries. The name Windows Phone instantly makes people defensive and RIM had a huge market share before, they can win it again. I wouldn't rule them out.
    possibly. they have to fix up it's problems though
  16. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,319 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Microsoft wish to have a renown product like Blackberries. The name Windows Phone instantly makes people defensive and RIM had a huge market share before, they can win it again. I wouldn't rule them out.
    I would. Well, at least when it comes to being the 3rd big ecosystem. They don't have the resources to make it happen.

    I do hope they are able to keep their business afloat though. They won't be the 3rd main ecosystem, but they can maybe see success in carving out a niche and serving that niche very well. Not everyone wants a big ecosystem for their smartphones.

    So by late-2015 I could see MS with over 15% market share and if RIM plays their cards right they could hold on to a solid and devoted 5%/
  17. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    997 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I would. Well, at least when it comes to being the 3rd big ecosystem. They don't have the resources to make it happen.

    I do hope they are able to keep their business afloat though. They won't be the 3rd main ecosystem, but they can maybe see success in carving out a niche and serving that niche very well. Not everyone wants a big ecosystem for their smartphones.

    So by late-2015 I could see MS with over 15% market share and if RIM plays their cards right they could hold on to a solid and devoted 5%/
    I can see the argument for both. But comparing BB10 to WP8 is comparing apples (sorry for swearing) to oranges.

    WP8 has: a boatload of resources and deep pockets - MSFT is determined to make a go of it come **** or high water. But: there's no traction for the o/s yet - I'm pretty sure selling the device as a stand alone is a lost cause, which is why MSFT has to approach it like the WP8 is one part of a broader ecosystem.

    BB10 has: a proven track record and brand recognition. If they come out with an outstanding piece of kit, they could turn it around in fairly short order. But: they lack the deep pockets and BB10 is their last chance for romance. Their ecosystem is lacking and if developers are not on board, it's just academic.
  18. Sparkyscrum's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #18  
    As someone with a Blackberry and a Windows Phone 7 I have to say I prefer the WP7 software but the qwerty crowd hasn't been catered to like Blackberry has. I want a Torch like device (ie Dell but never really went on general sale here) but WP inside.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    do you have to be so ****en negative? oh god sakes man

    He used to be very defensive about WP, this behavior he's exhibiting now didn't start till after the 7.8 debacle. I do feel that the future of BB is in jeopardy especially now since OS10 isn't launching till 2013.
  20. The Liaison's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
    #20  
    BB10 might not become #1 but it will be far superior with proper management and updates.
  21. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Liaison View Post
    BB10 might not become #1 but it will be far superior with proper management and updates.

    There's no way BB10 will be superior to WP8. It's a full OS on a phone pretty much.
  22. Speedygi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,781 Global Posts
    #22  
    BB10 doesn't need the the third position to succeed. They just need to get a comparative operating system on the board and those still using a Blackberry would get it, and that is a large number even at present. They obviously won't get the the third place, having lost so much time, but they will definitely be in position to make an impact in the feature phone demographic. Plus, they would still have a chance to make huge strides in future updates.

    All in all, don't count RIM out just yet.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    snowmutt likes this.
  23. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,715 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    BB10 doesn't need the the third position to succeed. They just need to get a comparative operating system on the board and those still using a Blackberry would get it, and that is a large number even at present. They obviously won't get the the third place, having lost so much time, but they will definitely be in position to make an impact in the feature phone demographic. Plus, they would still have a chance to make huge strides in future updates.

    All in all, don't count RIM out just yet.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    well almost every tech site dislikes RIM
  24. Speedygi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,781 Global Posts
    #24  
    That's just their prerogative to dislike RIM, but if I were RIM right now I wouldn't care much for what these tech sites say out of pure hate.
    Let quality speaks for itself, is what I would say...

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    cckgz4 likes this.
  25. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    566 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    That's just their prerogative to dislike RIM, but if I were RIM right now I wouldn't care much for what these tech sites say out of pure hate.
    Let quality speaks for itself, is what I would say...

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Quality of the OS? It is a factor but not as big a one as people think - what really counts is the ability to have massive economics of scale in the supply chain, spend hundreds of millions if not billions on marketing, the same again on carrier tie-ins. Odd as it seems, RIM is now too small (relative to the major players in the market) to have those advantages.

    Their burn rate is going to increase over the next two quarters and the decline in both arpu for both devices and services is going to hurt them - they will burn through their cash simply trying to keep up during the launch of BB10 (if they don't blow the new deadline).

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions