Should universal search be combined in bing search

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you think universal search should be combined in the bing search homepage. For example I want to search something on the phone. You press the search button. Then type your thing in the address bar. Then your result should should show up in the universal search pane. Then swipe over to reveal the bing results. If there is no phone results then it should automatically show the web results. So a good feature?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
There was talk of doing this at one point it was believed this would be in the Tango update. Who knows maybe we will see this in the 7.8 update but I doubt it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll rather keep the button as a Bing button, For universal search you could swipe to the left after pressing. But always having the web results as the first option.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get sued by Apple and have them block shipments of WP devices... Stupid Apple...
Yeah, but didn't Palm invent this (of course they did, Apple has never done anything original). So who owns those patents today.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

klynn

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you think universal search should be combined in the bing search homepage. For example I want to search something on the phone. You press the search button. Then type your thing in the address bar. Then your result should should show up in the universal search pane. Then swipe over to reveal the bing results. If there is no phone results then it should automatically show the web results. So a good feature?

Yes, absolutely! I would kill for this feature. I'd love to hit search and type in the first letters of an app or contact and go right to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3