WP8 needs an Upgrade Tool to Retain Game Saves and App Settings

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I have no idea if they plan on doing something like this, but Microsoft really needs to release an Upgrade tool to migrate from a Windows Phone 7 device to a Windows Phone 8 device. Since we know that WP8 will backup everything (finally!), Microsoft should really release a one-time tool that will back that data up from a WP7 phone to upgrade to a WP8 phone.

It's bad enough we're all being forced to start over, but to lose all of our data in addition to that is even more difficult.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea if they plan on doing something like this, but Microsoft really needs to release an Upgrade tool to migrate from a Windows Phone 7 device to a Windows Phone 8 device. Since we know that WP8 will backup everything (finally!), Microsoft should really release a one-time tool that will back that data up from a WP7 phone to upgrade to a WP8 phone.

It's bad enough we're all being forced to start over, but to lose all of our data in addition to that is even more difficult.

+1

I wish they would announce/confirm such a tool!

From what I gather, WP8 is going to back up app data to sky drive or something like that? If so, I wonder if WP7.8 will add that feature? That would allow you to swap phones fairly painlessly.

I played with a Lumia 900 yesterday and fell in love... I just don't want to loose everything now, switching to 7, just to loose it all again when I switch to 8. :(

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
And it would be extremely handy since so many here are changing to outlook.com and can't unless they reset their phone losing everything. There should be a way, even if it isn't automatic, but at least make a way for it to happen!!

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's in 7.8 but how apps handle data in the different OS' might make that near impossible. OS settings and downloaded apps and start tile setup I would hope for, at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3