Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What Carrier are you with or switching for Wp8 Launch

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T

29 43.94%
  • Verizon

17 25.76%
  • T-Mobile

12 18.18%
  • Sprint

4 6.06%
  • Other US carrier

2 3.03%
  • International Carrier e.g Vodafone, O2 etc

2 3.03%
  • Using Multiple Carriers. Cuz i'm lazy to get my family on there ;-D

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Hi guys what Carrier are you for. the great Wp8 Launch? :D. I know the problems. Carriers have especially Sprint. we know that Sprint won't have a phone at launch. big pity
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 08-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    Developer

Well, I hope to stay with T-mo. HOPEFULLY someone (Samsung, Nokia, HTC, etc.) will have a UMA (WiFi calling) enabled WP8 phone.

Then my prepaid $30 (100min/UL Text/UL Data) plan will be worth it. I didn't realize how small 100 minutes of talk really is.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts
    I'm on Verizon and will never switch because of a phone. You should always pick the provider that offers the best cell coverage for you. Never pick a provider because they have a particular phone. If that provider has terrible cell coverage where you live/work, it won't matter how nice the phone is if you can't use it because you don't have service.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    Interesting that when I originally considered a smartphone back in September 2010(iPhone 4), everyone said AT&T was the worst network. But with my L900, no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    I'm on Verizon and will never switch because of a phone. You should always pick the provider that offers the best cell coverage for you. Never pick a provider because they have a particular phone. If that provider has terrible cell coverage where you live/work, it won't matter how nice the phone is if you can't use it because you don't have service.

That reminds me of this USCC commercial that I saw. In this commercial this guy is trying to sell this guy this phone that supposedly can do everything and at the end the guy asked. "yea but can it get reception wherever I need it?"

That being said I'm currently with T-mobile and plan to stick with them for at least 3 years but of course by then all the carriers will be equal with technology and coverage so it'll just boil down to the price.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I don't buy phones on contract.
    Last edited by poiman; 08-12-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I'm with Verizon and really hope that they have a Nokia WP8 device at launch.
    aubreyq and ALborntoride like this.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I'm currently on Verizon but I plan on switching to AT&T more than likely once new devices come out. When I upgrade I am going to lose my unlimited data anyways because I can't afford to buy a phone outright. Plus a friend of mine has an iPhone on AT&T and he gets much better signal than I do 90% of the time.

Global Posts
    4,452 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Probably stick with ATT. I can't believe how good the LTE coverage is in areas near me where HSPA+ coverage is subpar.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Meme 8 Ball (WP8), UnClocked (WP8.1 - Themed Live Tile Clock)

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Sprint. I'll wait if need be.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post
    Well, I hope to stay with T-mo. HOPEFULLY someone (Samsung, Nokia, HTC, etc.) will have a UMA (WiFi calling) enabled WP8 phone.

Then my prepaid $30 (100min/UL Text/UL Data) plan will be worth it. I didn't realize how small 100 minutes of talk really is.
    Apparently the dev behind the wonderful MetroTalk (google voice) app has plan to implement wifi calling within the app on WP8!!

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    Yes I switched to AT&T for a phone

But that wasn't the sole reason. Yes it is more expensive, but this is the most reliable network I've ever been on
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

AT&T is just the best carrier in my area. I had VZW in my pre-smartphone days, and finally gave them up when months of unreliable service at my house, and I could see the AT&T tower out my bedroom window.

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts
    AT&T is the best option for me in my rural area...

Ive said this before but I will say it again,
    It's cheaper than Verizon.
    Better coverage than T-Mobile,
    Better data speeds & data coverage than Sprint.
    Arcticwolf and Jf.Vigor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    AT&T is the best option for me in my rural area...

Ive said this before but I will say it again,
    It's cheaper than Verizon.
    Better coverage than T-Mobile,
    Better data speeds & data coverage than Sprint.
    Right

Quote Originally Posted by mlm1950 View Post
    Sprint. I'll wait if need be.
    I am with Sprint as well, but I will only wait until my contract is up. Sprint has 6 months.
    Banned

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I have Sprint but I really don't know what to do. I just moved and now my coverage is spotty at best why I don't know but it is. Plus they don't seem to give a hoot about WP8so who knows. I may skip WP altogether and try Hemroid if I can get the device I want but that would mean leaving Sprint and what's the point of having a smartphone without unlimited data?

Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    I have Sprint but I really don't know what to do. I just moved and now my coverage is spotty at best why I don't know but it is. Plus they don't seem to give a hoot about WP8so who knows. I may skip WP altogether and try Hemroid if I can get the device I want but that would mean leaving Sprint and what's the point of having a smartphone without unlimited data?
    Call Sprint and let them know that you have poor reception in your area. If you are in a contract you may be able to waive the ETF. As for unlimited, you can try pre-paid, if WP8 comes to any of them, or you can go to T-mobile, which will not charge you extra, but will throttle you after 5 gigs.

StraightTalk - this will save me about $1500 over two years and that will pay for me having to purchase my phone outright. Will get an ATT phone as StriaghtTalk uses ATT towers so I'll get the same coverage as ATT users.

Pure win.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Can you put an option "as long as it's not AT&T"? That would be my situation.
    11B1P likes this.

I am staying with AT&T. I know the iPhone folks always complain about dropped calls with AT&T. But I can only think of two instances over the last 5 years I have had dropped calls with AT&T. It must be because I use any phone but an iPhone. And currently my Lumia 900 has been flawless for phone and data on AT&T.

I'm stuck on Verizon for another year after getting my Trophy last September. My wife (eligible for an upgrade from her DInc1) and I are moving to Canada sometime in the next year, so we're debating what kind of phone she should get; her younger sis and bro-in-law just got 4Ses a couple months ago and she became embroiled with iEnvy. WP doesn't quite offer the best methods of cross-platform communication because the 3rd party solutions aren't quite there on any platforms, and her older sis is rolling a BB (she's originally from the Waterloo, ON area). All this is to say that it would be nice to get her on AT&T so we can take our phones with us, or at least get her a VZW world phone, but if I'm going to be successful in converting her to WP, Verizon is going to need to come out with something at launch.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Well i'm switching to Verizon whenever the Apollo phones come out. Been on Att for around 4 years and at least in the South they are not that great. Verizon works a whole lot better and is faster. Att might be better once they get their *real* 4g network out but their lagging right now and Verizon is on the ball with their 4g network. It really just boils down to what works best in your area. And for me it will be Verizon with a superb Nokia phone with pureview :) Wishful thinking..LOL

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    ATT has been my carrier for a long time and before that Cingular. The coverage is very good here. My plan for 4 phones is very reasonable about 60.00 a month per phone. Sprint in my area has spotty coverage, Tmo I am ambivalent about they only penetrated the market here a couple of years ago and they have no physical presence here locally. Verizon is not an option for personal reasons. I have no compelling reason at this time to change.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,302 Global Posts
    AT&T but I'm hoping to switch to T-Mobile sometime in 2013. Hopefully by then the re-farming will be done and there will be unlock codes for the Lumia 900.

Also, does anyone have a chart that lists which areas T-Mobile has re-farmed their towers for AT&T's spectrum?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast