Tons of apps...not one useful.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Also 90% of those premium apps will never come to Windows Phone unless Microsoft bankrolls them.
This the main reason why I am still considering switching to android (since ice cream sandwich the os is stable and fast nothing like it used to be) microsoft always have to pay to get something cool, not much premium apps made to the market place and those who made it are nothing compared to the iOS or android version...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This the main reason why I am still considering switching to android (since ice cream sandwich the os is stable and fast nothing like it used to be) microsoft always have to pay to get something cool, not much premium apps made to the market place and those who made it are nothing compared to the iOS or android version...

I'm with you on this one mate. That was my worry too. The quality of apps lack and its just that. We may have quad cores and higher dpi/ppi, but if we don't have the apps, what's the point?

Functionality-wise, like I mentioned in my OP, at least some basic apps like Insta and Flipboard should be made available instantly. Tying up with big game devs is good, but that doesn't make up for these basic apps.

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on this one mate. That was my worry too. The quality of apps lack and its just that. We may have quad cores and higher dpi/ppi, but if we don't have the apps, what's the point?

Functionality-wise, like I mentioned in my OP, at least some basic apps like Insta and Flipboard should be made available instantly. Tying up with big game devs is good, but that doesn't make up for these basic apps.

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
Windows Phone is great I just hope it keeps gaining momentum, because if windows 8 is a flop... god knows we're screwed...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have loads of apps on all my phones... all the platforms and I find myself only using the apps that come with the smartphone.

They are:

• Phone
  • Messaging
  • Email
  • Camera

The following are 3rd party ones that I can usually find a replacement on another platform:

• Twitter apps (not the main one)
  • Instagram (on Android and iOS)
  • SoundHound

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wish I could use my smartphone a lot more, especially with productivity apps like To-Do lists, money management apps and the like.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So your point is that Windows Phone is perfect if you don't want premium apps? This would mean that windows phone is out of the game for now... let's hope that samsung pushes the platform enough to make it a serious alternative to Android and iPhone.
My point is "everyone" doesn't make a phone selection based on how good a Facebook or Twitter app looks, or whether or not it has Instagram, on a particular platform. And where exactly did I imply that Windows Phone was "perfect". It is a viable alternative, as it should be.

Oh, and don't get your hopes up about Samsung. They will go wherever the money is good. When Windows Phone reaches critical mass, they will get more involved. That's not what I would call pushing the platform.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Also don't forget, many people choose based on how sexy the hardware looks and how good the camera is. If the new Lumia phones bring both to the table AND inductive charging that could make them a real hit.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Also 90% of those premium apps will never come to Windows Phone unless Microsoft bankrolls them.
"Never" is a mighty powerful word. In my opinion (have not found a crystal ball that works yet) as soon as Windows Phone gains a few more percentage points in market share, these silly asses will be falling over each other to create their so called "premium" apps.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Duvi, why can't you? Just habit/training or some technical reason?

No time, it seems. I'll download them and never set it up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just thought about it... I have too many devices.

I can find pretty much the same apps on both Android & iOS, but when it comes to WP & BlackBerry, I have to find an alternative that may not sync.

Some apps that I use on WP, iOS and Android are:

• SoundHound
  • Evernote
  • WhatsApp (just started using it for group chat with the fellas)
  • 1Password
  • ESPN ScoreCenter
  • Photobucket
  • Netflix

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
When I first got an android phone the app selection wasn't that great. Don't get me wrong, it was better than what WP has at the moment, but nowhere near what it is today. That combined with the apps WP does have with such a small market share makes me feel pretty good about WP having a really good selection of big name apps. It may take some time, but it's going to happen.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just thought about it... I have too many devices.

I can find pretty much the same apps on both Android & iOS, but when it comes to WP & BlackBerry, I have to find an alternative that may not sync.

Some apps that I use on WP, iOS and Android are:

• SoundHound
  • Evernote
  • WhatsApp (just started using it for group chat with the fellas)
  • 1Password
  • ESPN ScoreCenter
  • Photobucket
  • Netflix
and the espn app is crappy if you don't own a Lumia...

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
When I first got an android phone the app selection wasn't that great. Don't get me wrong, it was better than what WP has at the moment, but nowhere near what it is today. That combined with the apps WP does have with such a small market share makes me feel pretty good about WP having a really good selection of big name apps. It may take some time, but it's going to happen.
Hope my friend, there is hope!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05