Nokia releases differences in 7.8 and WP8 devices

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Very interesting indeed. I am hoping for some otherwise minor features coming to WP8 and 7.8 that I haven't heard about like adding contacts based off the map data and other minor tweaks. The stuff I didn't expect to come of course isn't but the stuff I expected to come is however the TBC for the locked screen information is very interesting. I would like that to happen for sure. Depending on the app situation I may be able to wait it out before I get a WP8 device.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't get why we can't get a wallet app minus the NFC. Maybe Nokia can make an app for that. The lock screen customization id assume is coming as we saw it in the 7.8 trailer on windowsphone.com

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
A wallet app would be really nice. I'd like that more than NFC as well. I don't trust NFC as of now. My neighborhood has some crafty mofos. FBI ran an operation to track down credit card fraud in our area.

daveh101

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't really surprise me with any of this - Am certainly not disappointed as it doesn't say anything. Most of the things listed are stuff that are due to the new hardware specs/capabilities. IE10 - Maybe surprised at, but can understand why it wouldn't be.

I'm expecting more in terms of software changes - Nothing is yet to mention any of these other than the new look start screen

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well... we kind of knew.

Well... we kind of knew we wouldn't get those features on WP 7.8... because those are the platform features showcased on June at the Windows Phone summit... and again, those are PLATFORM features.

What we could still hope for are the other features like the new Bing with news, more accent colors, and things like that as I would assume they don't take much work to port over. However, I'm not saying we'll get them. I'm saying that they could be more likely. We knew all along that 7.8 wouldn't get much features unless the WP team had some "free time" on their hands, which is rather unlikely. :)

I guess only time will tell.

Much Love!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I expected it to be this way for most of these except for IE10. Pretty big disappointment on that one for me.

Anyway, there's a lot of new features not on this list. Hopefully there's more still coming to 7.8.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think any of those features that are missing were expected in 7.8.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99