Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vp710

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Will there be? If so, windows phone will be the perfect phone for me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,258 Global Posts
    Nokia has turn by turn.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Nokia has turn by turn.
    I own an HD7
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    I own an HD7
    You can buy a turn by turn application. There's a lot of patent issues with navigation.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Didn't they already say that the maps app is going to be powered by Nokia maps and have turn by turn navigation built into WP8?

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    Banned

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Nokia Drive will be available for all WP8 devices (no longer a Nokia exclusive) so that should take care of your navigation needs. :)

Global Posts
    1,741 Global Posts
    Yes, ever single Windows Phone 8 device will have built in Turn by Turn Navigation powered by Nokia maps.

But will all windows phone 7 get this update?

Global Posts
    688 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lp115 View Post
    But will all windows phone 7 get this update?
    No Windows Phone 7 will get an update to Windows Phone 8 is what people are saying. Now will the MAPS app get updated to be all fancy and new with built in turn by turn navigation for WP7 users?

There isn't really any confirmation of that. I could see some issues with some non-Nokia WP7 devices getting a map update that is powered by Nokia. I don't think HTC or Samsung or whoever else would like that if it's not a native part of the OS like it will be in WP8.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Point is, if you want great navigation, when the time comes to get a WP8 device, get one from the "Where" company: Nokia.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    scottcraft likes this.

Isn't nokia apps downloaded from the marketplace on nokia phones? (I have a HTC titan ii so I might be wrong) The only thing stoping htc from downloading it is that the app is not published to the public marketplace and is restricted to nokia phone credentials? But since WP8 is uniformly getting nokia drive/maps. What's stopping them from going onto WP7.8? HTC and samsung increase their profit and sales if they have this app so I don't see why they would deny it. All up to nokia though

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    Point is, if you want great navigation, when the time comes to get a WP8 device, get one from the "Where" company: Nokia.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    I remember HTC had its own turn by turn app for like a week and then quickly made it paid or removed it. I can't remember.

I don't mind using the directions we currently have, i just plug my AUX cable into my phone and just keep tapping it works decent for me....

Turn by Turn would be so much better though

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    I remember HTC had its own turn by turn app for like a week and then quickly made it paid or removed it. I can't remember.

I don't mind using the directions we currently have, i just plug my AUX cable into my phone and just keep tapping it works decent for me....

Turn by Turn would be so much better though
    What tapping method are you talking about?

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lp115 View Post
    What tapping method are you talking about?
    tapping the screen

But dude its not offline maps =/, unless you got 3g. haha Preloading works but what if your going somewhere on the fly?