Status
Not open for further replies.

ewinxp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Ativ S vs Lumia 920:

8.7 mm vs 10.7 mm
135 gms vs 185 gms

Ativ S wins the "ease of handling" contest hands down.
This. The Lumia 920 looks like a brick. The Ativ looks stylish and it's thin and light. Not all of us care about camera quality.

Like I've been saying, Nokia dropped the ball today and they unveiled some uninspiring devices. The Lumia 820 especially, an obvious downgrade in design from the Lumia 800.

strictlystyles

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
This. The Lumia 920 looks like a brick. The Ativ looks stylish and it's thin and light. Not all of us care about camera quality.

Like I've been saying, Nokia dropped the ball today and they unveiled some uninspiring devices. The Lumia 820 especially, an obvious downgrade in design from the Lumia 800.

Im still staying positive they release a 1000 and seriously shock us. if not oh silly nokia. And I really want a mindblowing device to get all those cool exclusives, which I still think are bad for the OS in general.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I dont think anyone is happy about samsungs level of commitment, however can you really blame them? its not like Microsoft is chucking money at them like they are Nokia, even though they are obligated to either way.

I know the reward factor going with Nokia, but I just cant get past that design as I feel its way too bulky for a 4.5 incher in 2012 . I have no problem with the weight though

MS is paying for services that Nokia is providing, like their location technology.

Where did you get the idea that MS is just chucking money at Nokia?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
A whole 2mm, that 920 is HUUUUUUGE!!! :dry

It is if you do the math and figure out that the the Lumia 920 is a whole 23% thicker than the Ativ S. When you are talking thicknesses less than 10mm, yes, every fraction of a mm counts. A whole 2mm can be a deal breaker. If you don't believe me, just hold a GS3 and a Lumia 900 in both hands and tell me which one feels more comfortable.

Coming to the weight, the Lumia 920 is a whopping 37% heavier than the Ativ S. Tell me that is not significant.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
News Flash!

Different will find different things comfortable.

I'm not a fan of super light phones because they feel flimsy to me. Others like them.

But when people make broad statements like Nokia somehow dropped the ball and failed to impress, but say Samsung did fine with their 2 minutes of WP talk; it's just mind boggling.

And the reasoning is because of some things that happen to be personal preference? :confused:

strictlystyles

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
MS is paying for services that Nokia is providing, like their location technology.

Where did you get the idea that MS is just chucking money at Nokia?
Where have you been this past year? Microsoft is paying Nokia to adopt windows phone. they are OBLIGATED to chuck a billion dollars to Nokia within 5 years as part of the deal.

the Nokia services are just in both parties interest.

this is why I really dont blame any other OEM for the current level of interest, but I dont like it either.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Where have you been this past year? Microsoft is paying Nokia to adopt windows phone. they are OBLIGATED to chuck a billion dollars to Nokia within 5 years as part of the deal.

the Nokia services are just in both parties interest.

this is why I really dont blame any other OEM for the current level of interest, but I dont like it either.

So is Google throwing money at Samsung, amazon, and Barnes & Noble?

strictlystyles

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
So is Google throwing money at Samsung, amazon, and Barnes & Noble?

No they aren't, but its hard to put the type of Nokia investment in a smaller OS when your making way more money a more established OS.Maybe not with windows phone 8, but with windows phone 7 it was DEFINITELY an bad investment gamble.

thank you for completely not getting the point.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
But at the end of the day, and after all the ranting, Nokia will sell more WP phones than Samsung and HTC combined. And that's a good thing. It really is, if you want WP to succeed.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077