Will people say "LOL" at the iPhone 5 and "WHOA" at the Lumia920?

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
It's time for Windows Phone to catch up. Market it, Market it, Market it. Nokia, Samsung, Htc, from what I hear maybe Sony. I don't care what fanboys might try to tell you, WP8 can compete and even beat Iphone. I can't wait to see the comparisons between the two platforms. Did I say WP8 can not compete? heck it surpasses the Iphone. The only place I see an Iphone advanage are the apps.

Quoting my favorite line from the movie Willard......"EAT THEM UP!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly, now is the time to go for the soft underbelly while it is exposed. Hit em hard and fast.

What an absolutely underwhelming showing from Apple. Cue the violins.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh by the way, I'm listening to a live feed from CNET and after talking about how Iphone 5 is playing catchup they are now talking about how Window phones and the Lumia 920 especially are a better buy than the Iphone5.

They are also saying what we have been saying all along, MicroSoft needs to push windows phone.....NOW!

Even the live blog on the verge is buzzing with people saying "Lumia920 for me..."

Here:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/9/1...e-specs-features-price-announcement#114652999

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The new ipod touch is incredible. I'm sold on that, and those headsets.

Don't really see anything bad about the phone. Decent upgrade and it's not like they had to do much to maintain the high quality they already had going with the 4S. It will still steamroll the competition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Even with the missteps at their conference, announcing the 920 so early has proven to be a positive as it is now part of the conversation when talking about smartphones for the holiday season. That wont stop millions from upgrading but at least more people are considering a WP. Now all that is needed is for WP8 to be truly awesome and for Microsoft to finally do some proper marketing and WP should be able to have a good holiday season to build some mindshare, improve marketshare and setup for a mindblowing next year at CES and MWC.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Don't really see anything bad about the phone. Decent upgrade and it's not like they had to do much to maintain the high quality they already had going with the 4S. It will still steamroll the competition.

Sold on the headsets? No one's even listened to them yet.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh by the way, I'm listening to a live feed from CNET and after talking about how Iphone 5 is playing catchup they are now talking about how Window phones and the Lumia 920 especially are a better buy than the Iphone5.

They are also saying what we have been saying all along, MicroSoft needs to push windows phone.....NOW!

Boom.

Killshot.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

So are you going to wait until all WP8 features are announced or are you getting the iPhone 5? I know notifications are a big thing for you so if MS doesn't deliver, are you out?

P.S. New iPod Touch. Impressive? Yes. Incredible? Not IMO ;)

Now the Nano I do like. Wish it had 32GB of storage :)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Apple had literally nothing this time...hey where was the iPad Mini or whatever they called it...??

And to my surprise, every single leaked product was startlingly the same as the final one...

R.I.Phone...(see what I did there :p)

Lol!!

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Apple had literally nothing this time...hey where was the iPad Mini or whatever they called it...??

And to my surprise, every single leaked product was startlingly the same as the final one...

R.I.Phone...(see what I did there :p)

Lol!!

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

If they're making an iPad Mini, it would have it's own announcement.

Yeah it's surprising that the leaks were spot on, and that there were so many. I thought Cook said they were going to double down on secrecy or something.

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, apparently Apple doubled down on secrecy like HP doubled down on WebOS. :lol:

iTouch looked great all the way up to the price, then not so much. At $200 my daughter would have got one, at $300 she'll wait til next year! All about the games and apps for her.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft needs to get off their butts and sell an XBox branded PMP.
Actually Peter Rojas from gdgt suggested the same thing a few months ago, but I think MS will concentrate on tablets first.

I didn't hear a peep about NFC for the iphone 5

Because it doesn't have it. HUGE CrApple fail.

...hey where was the iPad Mini or whatever they called it...??
An iPad announcement is expected in October, so if there's an iPad mini, it would be revealed then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99