Will people say "LOL" at the iPhone 5 and "WHOA" at the Lumia920?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
O...My.. It's...it's just magical, 4.0 screen and it's LTE. and the camera with that wonderful panorama vie wowzha! all of which has been on both Window Phones and Android for some time now. Granted the extra built in microphones is a nice idea. nothing revolutionary there about it, and OMG the new ipad will come in colors..hello Nokia..

All in all, the 920 is better looking better built has a better camera and comes in many colors....only thing that apple can do is give a promo they rule doing that. Now if Microsoft can get there act together and start saying what WP8 will have and how things work the better off they will be. It's almost as though Nokia is in this alone. just a thought.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So two of my Facebook friends are already raving about iPhone 5. One of them has made two posts and also commented on my own post titled "iPhone 5 = Dud." LMAO. Here's a transcript so far:

======================================================
My post: iPhone 5 = Dud.

Friend 1: Not bro.

Me: Yes, bro. Thinner, taller, faster but beyond that it was more of the same. You want a killer phone get the Nokia Lumia 920 later this fall ;-)

Friend 2: Comes with LTE. Not excited about the taller screen, but the new processor rocks. I have the 4S and I'll just stay with that. The new iOS 6 upgrade will be nice.

Me: My buddy (blank) will likely answer: "I don't care." ;-) (see note below)

Me: @Friend 2: LTE was an obvious addition. Other phones have it already.

Friend 1: well I have to say I like apple and I stay with it because over all is a good product.

Friend 3: I have no idea what any of this talk means. I have an iPhone..... Don't ask me what type or any other specifics because I don't know!!

===============================================

Note: The "I don't care" is a reference to the HTC EVO vs. iPhone 4 YouTube video from 2 years ago. Feels like forever, no?

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So are you going to wait until all WP8 features are announced or are you getting the iPhone 5? I know notifications are a big thing for you so if MS doesn't deliver, are you out?

P.S. New iPod Touch. Impressive? Yes. Incredible? Not IMO ;)

Now the Nano I do like. Wish it had 32GB of storage :)

I predict we shall see only negative WP comments from him while defending every point about the new iphone and how its better than any WP phone. He's already made it to the 920 forum.....

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just perused the "what did you think" thread of our iPhone sister site. These are the thoughts:

-mostly "meh" - just as the leaks and rumors projected.
-very few are really enthusiastic about it. The biggest cause for excitement? LTE
-a very few are upgrading but most are going to wait for the 5S or next gen iPhone
-quite a few are disappointed.
-those that are moving to different device the majority will be GSIII.
-the other phone people will switch to is a *wait for it* Nokia Lumia 920

On the whole, if an enthusiasts site is lukewarm to the new device, what does it mean for Windows Phone 8?

Nothing but air and opportunity baby...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The excitement over WP8 success or lack of, is strange. If you like the OS then by a phone. If not, choose something else. I don't see how SOMEOME ELSE using a different phone maddens you or excites you in any way.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My hardcore Apple friend - Owned an iPhone since its birth, has an iPod Touch, Mac Book and iPad2, can be defined as well into iCosystem right?

He just tweeted me saying, "You are so right about Lumia 920. I am switching. I'm done with paying my kidney for nothing amazing".

For me - THAT, is a massive win for Lumia and WP. He is going to switch ECOSYSTEMS.

Now those you are not this well invested, probably will jump quicker. You watch. Let's have November already!!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just perused the "what did you think" thread of our iPhone sister site. These are the thoughts:

-mostly "meh" - just as the leaks and rumors projected.
-very few are really enthusiastic about it. The biggest cause for excitement? LTE
-a very few are upgrading but most are going to wait for the 5S or next gen iPhone
-quite a few are disappointed.
-those that are moving to different device the majority will be GSIII.
-the other phone people will switch to is a *wait for it* Nokia Lumia 920

On the whole, if an enthusiasts site is lukewarm to the new device, what does it mean for Windows Phone 8?

Nothing but air and opportunity baby...

Lol I think it's funny that there's this one guy who everyone's calling a crybaby or a child because he's disappointed with the iPhone 5.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The excitement over WP8 success or lack of, is strange. If you like the OS then by a phone. If not, choose something else. I don't see how SOMEOME ELSE using a different phone maddens you or excites you in any way.
This is a Windows Phone enthusiast website. Enthusiasts get excited about the stuff they are enthusiastic about and sometimes hate on the competition. Happens in sports as well (Broncos > Steelers, LOL). These kind of characteristics are what keeps us human.

Get off your high horse, bro.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You can try and knock me off my high horse sucka. People getting exited over the iPhone on a WP7 blog. Silly. Pay more attention to WP7 than iPhone. Just because it's a enthusiasts site doesn't mean it's right to spew opinion as if it was fact.
This is a Windows Phone enthusiast website. Enthusiasts get excited about the stuff they are enthusiastic about and sometimes hate on the competition. Happens in sports as well. These kind of characteristics are what keeps us human.

Get off your high horse, bro.
And my comments stands on it's on two legs, why do you give two ****s about what phone someone else use. Do you care about what type of shampoo they use too?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Matter O fact, if you look at the articles on the front page, the articles with the most comments are always ones with the iPhone mentioned in it. I'm not saying that mass appeal, but that's mass appeal.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol I think it's funny that there's this one guy who everyone's calling a crybaby or a child because he's disappointed with the iPhone 5.
Yeah, the poor guy is fighting a losing battle. After reading that thread, I've come to the conclusion the same people post everywhere.

I was surprised - I thought that site would be all puppies and rainbows.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You can try and knock me off my high horse sucka. People getting exited over the iPhone on a WP7 blog. Silly. Pay more attention to WP7 than iPhone. Just because it's a enthusiasts site doesn't mean it's right to spew opinion as if it was fact.
Okay, I'll give you my opinion. You are here just to troll. You also went to the blog comments to troll.

Pay more attention to WP7 than iPhone.
Actually I prefer to pay more attention to what's coming to WP8 ;)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Boy, I've had a WP7 since day one. It's just dumb people, who state opinion as fact, makes me sick. So I'm pretty sure you think your opinion is fact. LOL
Okay, I'll give you my opinion. You are here just to troll. You also went to the blog comments to troll.

Actually I prefer to pay more attention to what's coming to WP8 ;)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

And?

iPhone is a target. About the size of Texas actually.

If the new device is lackluster - it's a win for everyone else. I for one, will welcome all the disenchanted from Apple with open arms.

Would you prefer we send Tim Cook a condolence card and sing Kumbaya?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Boy, I've had a WP7 since day one. It's just dumb people, who state opinion as fact, makes me sick. So I'm pretty sure you think your opinion is fact. LOL
I have a Samsung Focus like you do. So you're bothered because I'm commenting on what others think about the iPhone. I get that. I don't think my opinion is fact, but you believe I think it is. I get that as well.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Give me one example, just ONE, how a lackluster iPhone or Andriod device is a win for you?
And?

iPhone is a target. About the size of Texas actually.

If the new device is lackluster - it's a win for everyone else. I for one, will welcome all the disenchanted from Apple with open arms.

Would you prefer we send Tim Cook a condolence card and sing Kumbaya?
Or are you a fan of MS, and want them to get more business?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Mate you gotta chill.

Don't see what the fuss is about opinion is fact, opinion is fact. Read a new line somewhere?

Everyone has an opinion yes. Like the other guy said IHO you are a troll.

IMO you aren't a troll. But you just can't digest that the fact here is, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 both did not survive the hype they used to.

WP or Android or BB or WebOS, for us all it is a win and a loss. The biggest so called innovator is failing to innovate. You know what this means? This is end of the world, 2012. We have maxxed out on what we can do with technology. Mobiles phones are not exciting anymore. Not even iPhone.

Oh wait, you know what was exciting? NOKIA LUMIA 920. Get one if you want! IMO you should get one.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, the Focus is gone. I'm not bothered at all. YOU quoted my post, I didn't quote yours.
I have a Samsung Focus like you do. So you're bothered because I'm commenting on what others think about the iPhone. I get that. I don't think my opinion is fact, but you believe I think it is. I get that as well.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Give me one example, just ONE, how a lackluster iPhone or Andriod device is a win for you?

Or are you a fan of MS, and want them to get more business?
Dude are you expecting some sore of Internet forum utopia where everybody is happy about everything an nobody critiques or makes fun of anything? Don't tell me you don't hate on other football teams because I will not believe you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte